Question Hero Maximus VIII Audio problems

PilatTao

Commendable
Jun 3, 2017
First of all, i used to USB headsets for about 4 years. But now i tried analog one (hyperx cloud alpha). After about 1 day of reserching and testing i has concluded that best audio result i get when using asus specific realtek driver, Equalizer APO+Peace and FRONT audio jack. The sound was beautiful and all, but after few days my front jack somehow stops working. And there's my problem is : if i plug my headset through rear one sound is soo much worse, can't setup 7.1 or anything except stereo (with front jack there no problem with it). What is the difference between rear and front jack? (they are both processed by the same sound card, aren't they?) Is there any method to swap functionality front->rear?(when i plug my headset through front one -it is displayed as headphones and my driver starts testing impedance, but from rear one it's always displayed as speakers and no tests at all).
Or maybe some other solutions? I know almost nothing about all this audio thing, and first time met with them. Listening for help, dear forum users.

PilatTao

Commendable
Jun 3, 2017
Windows 10 pro x64, latest BIOS update installed, audio drivers reinstalled few times. Btw should i try to use standard realtek drivers? Cause i readed somewhere that standard relatek drivers is just a something like a codec, while asus motherboard specific realtek driver is driver+codec, is this true?