Michael

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

I've noticed that a few of my uniques have gold rings as opposed to the
usual silver. Is there any difference between the two?

Thanks in advance!

In article <qip3e.2609$Op4.2040@fe04.lga>,
Michael <jandm16@charter.net> wrote:
>I've noticed that a few of my uniques have gold rings as opposed to the
>usual silver. Is there any difference between the two?

Silver are standard Uniques. Gold and Bronze are used for Limited
Edition figures given as prizes in officially supported events. However, a
few months back, WizKids started mixing these "LE" figures in with the
boosters as well, so it's just another rarity level now.

Dave Van Domelen, Mechwarrior LEs have gray bases, Pirates LEs have
purple corners, etc...

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 17:16:37 +0000 (UTC), dvandom@haven.eyrie.org (Dave
Van Domelen) wrote:

>In article <qip3e.2609$Op4.2040@fe04.lga>,
>Michael <jandm16@charter.net> wrote:
>>I've noticed that a few of my uniques have gold rings as opposed to the
>>usual silver. Is there any difference between the two?
>
> Silver are standard Uniques. Gold and Bronze are used for Limited
>Edition figures given as prizes in officially supported events. However, a
>few months back, WizKids started mixing these "LE" figures in with the
>boosters as well, so it's just another rarity level now.
>
> Dave Van Domelen, Mechwarrior LEs have gray bases, Pirates LEs have
>purple corners, etc...

That's close, but there is a minor distinction. The HC figures with a
bronze/gold ring are Limited Edition (although there are at least two
LEs, the mailaway Phasing GL and the convention Exclusive The Atom,
that have silver rings, but are still LEs). If the figure has all
bronze/gold printing (ring, name, TA, collector's #, etc.), then it is
the "Super Rare" version of the figure, available in boosters. It has
the same stats and collector's number as the corresponding LE, so it
is considered the same figure.

LEs and SRs follow the same rule as Uniques: you may have no more than
one of any U/LE/SR, as determined by set and collector's number.
-- pseudosoldier