Hertz and Speaker

ExplosiveChaos

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I have a new VG248QE monitor. I also have a displayport (1.4) to use with the monitor. I have a couple questions. First, what is this Ultra HD resolution you can get with a DisplayPort? With my Dual-link DVI, I can get native "PC" 144hz 1920 * 1080 in the Nvidia Control Panel. However, when I use a DisplayPort, I get both the "PC" section for resolutions that can go to 144hz and the "Ultra HD" section that only goes to 60hz. I am confused about the difference between the two. My second question is how to get audio with the DisplayPort. My DVI cable has audio through the speakers, but my displayport doesn't. When I plug in the headset into the case with a displayport, I can hear the sound completely fine, but the speakers do not. This makes me think that the displayport may be broken and only carrying video. I tried setting many different devices in "recording devices" and "playback devices", but nothing worked. Is the displayport not working? If I do an audio test, the speaker sound symbol is going up and down but no sound is actually going out.

Solution

Great! Maybe some of the ports don't support audio for some reason. Its very possible thats how it was set up.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Ultra HD is 4k (which is only supported up to 60 Hz) however your monitor does not support 4k its only 1080p. Don't select that resolution.

As for audio is there maybe a setting on the monitor you need to change? What does it say in control panel for your default audio device?

ExplosiveChaos

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I really need help with this. I put my default to Speakers (High Definition Audio Device). The speaker, when doing a test, shows that the sound is going through with the sound bar going up. However, no sound happens at all.