hes dead jim

LordTourettes

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2014
every time i open up chrome i get this stupid "jim is dead" thing its so frustrating i tried uninstalling and resetting chrome several times but it still comes back. half the time my extensions don't work as well. i looked it up and it said it had to do with my memory but i dont think that is the problem i have 16 gigs of ram in my pc. Is any one else have this problem. how do i fix it?

http://imgur.com/Qws3nOD

Solution
I'd think if enough people are experiencing similar issues since the last update, a patch or another update will shortly follow that corrects the issue. I'm not having any issues with my Chrome browser, but that doesn't mean that a lot of other people don't.
Lot's of people have that problem. And they're all for different reasons. That's Google Chrome's all purpose error screen for browser tab crashes. Anything could be causing it. It's unlikely to be due to a lack of memory unless you're running a grotesque number of tabs or something else is sucking up memory.

Try running the system resource monitor to determine if you are in fact running low on memory, which is unlikely. Although it's not SPECIFICALLY related to a virus or malware, it could still be related and I'd update my virus and malware definitions and run full scans if for no other reason than to simply eliminate it as being a possibility.

I get it opening a new tab... Started about 2 weeks ago. I figure it will get fixed in the auto updater. Only takes a second to close it and open a new one. First try on new tabs works most of the time, and second try almost all the time, and third try is almost 100% successful. Its not that big a deal.

I did uninstall Chrome, and use IE yesterday to grab a new Chrome install, just to see if that would fix it. It did not.

LordTourettes

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2014
yea This problem has been an isue for about 3 days now, i did check my resources every thing seem to be fine with them. and i ran like 3-4 scans with my virus scanner that is uptodate and it found nothing. Because i have had no other problem I dont think its a hardware problem, its just google chrome.

I'd think if enough people are experiencing similar issues since the last update, a patch or another update will shortly follow that corrects the issue. I'm not having any issues with my Chrome browser, but that doesn't mean that a lot of other people don't.

Solution