He's dead Jim?

Don0407

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
So yesterday for no apparent reason after I got my PC settled from over clocking I decided to head to the bios for one last trip. While I was there I decided to try one last over clock on my phenom cranked the voltage to high I would assume since when I hit save and exit when the computer restarted u had no display and the PC was on then isn't restarted it self so doing what I usually do I went to clear the CMOS and I did ( Multiple times I might add jumper only no battery clearing. ). But to no avail not display so I decided after multiple failures hey. Maybe I fried my CPU so grabbed a spare Mobo from a friend an Asrock 970 extreme 3 with a fx-6300 set everything up put my Radeon 7950 booted and guess what still no display I'm starting to come to the conclusion my graphics card died I'm going to try to get my hands in a second card to test on but till then I was wondering if I could get any opinions from anyone on the situation. Literally everything turns on just fine no unnecessary beeps card Mobo CPU fan and all. Usually my monitor would detect the card at least even if there's no display but it just sits at no signal (HDMI)

Yeah that definitely sounds like a dead Graphics Card. Interesting that overclocking the CPU would kill it. Did you adjust the BCLK at all? This would raise the clocks for all the devices connected ot the mothherboard, so maybe that is what killed the graphics card. Does the GPUs fans spin?

Don0407

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015

Fans do indeed spin like I said everything runs like it's fine i even here the CD spinning up for the new Mobo drivers I was gonna install. Just don't know why it isn't giving display I even tried reseating it and placed in other PCI slot to check it out just for the same result

Don0407

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015

Believe it or not of all the freaking possible things the HDMI I plugged in was the one to my Xbox one ....... The stress I was going through just to find that out. I had to go to office depot and they told me my display is just fine