Hey Ben Myers.......

TR

Ben, I think it was you a while back that answered a question
concerning this problem I am now seeing but I can't seem to find it
so...

Before upgrading to SP2, I could type a url into IE with or without
the www. and it would try the url both ways. Now, after upgrading to
SP2, I notice that if a url is www.xxx.xxx and I type in xxx.xxx that
it will return a no such site error... same is reverse, if a url is
xxx.xxx and I type in www.xxx.xxx it will return the same error.

Is there some switch in SP2 that changed all this that I can reset or
does this even have anything to do with SP2 and that something else
has changed that I did not notice.

Regards,
TR

Not sure. I use Firefox and Mozilla... Ben Myers

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:45:08 GMT, TR <spamtrap@spamhell.com> wrote:

>Ben, I think it was you a while back that answered a question
>concerning this problem I am now seeing but I can't seem to find it
>so...
>
>Before upgrading to SP2, I could type a url into IE with or without
>the www. and it would try the url both ways. Now, after upgrading to
>SP2, I notice that if a url is www.xxx.xxx and I type in xxx.xxx that
>it will return a no such site error... same is reverse, if a url is
>xxx.xxx and I type in www.xxx.xxx it will return the same error.
>
>Is there some switch in SP2 that changed all this that I can reset or
>does this even have anything to do with SP2 and that something else
>has changed that I did not notice.
>
>Regards,
>TR

TR

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:34:00 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

>Not sure. I use Firefox and Mozilla... Ben Myers

Sorry, I thought it was you that had given advice on that once before.
Thanks for the reply though...

Regards,
TR

dogface

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

Try Tools, Internet Options, Content tab, AutoComplete button, and check Web
Addresses

"TR" <spamtrap@spamhell.com> wrote in message
> Ben, I think it was you a while back that answered a question
> concerning this problem I am now seeing but I can't seem to find it
> so...
>
> Before upgrading to SP2, I could type a url into IE with or without
> the www. and it would try the url both ways. Now, after upgrading to
> SP2, I notice that if a url is www.xxx.xxx and I type in xxx.xxx that
> it will return a no such site error... same is reverse, if a url is
> xxx.xxx and I type in www.xxx.xxx it will return the same error.
>
> Is there some switch in SP2 that changed all this that I can reset or
> does this even have anything to do with SP2 and that something else
> has changed that I did not notice.
>
> Regards,
> TR

TRENDING THREADS