sleepychink125

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
Haha, just thought it would be a catchy title.

So, I purchased all my parts on newegg except for cooling. I'm curious if this (or any) cheapie cooler will work for my build. I didnt want to get the xiggy dark knight cuz its like 50+ dollars...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150082

If not, what should I get? Also,do i need to buy an extra fan for my case? It seems a lot of ppl are doing that.
Can someone also link the best paste stuff that I will need?

I plan on OC'ing the E5200 to hopefully 3.6+ (never can be sure), the ram, and GPU. I am on a budget yes, so please show me the cheapest cooler that will work for my build. i already purchased everything except the cooling, paste, and vid card. So if anyone has any suggestions for any of those, please let me know. Thanks!!

CPU -------------------------Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz

Motherboard----------------GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R

RAM------------------------Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

GPU---------------------SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4850 512MB (still holding out for a good price on this)

Case-------------------Antec Three Hundred (sounds like the best according to Tom's)

PSU -------------------------Antec EA650 650W ATX12V

Well the cooler looks gud...but do check abt the noise level cos it states 39dB....so if the fans runs in full load mayb it will be more noisy...

And dont forget to apply a gud thermal paste such as artic silver...and mayb for the noise issue,

U can change the fan to a gud fan from scythe or any other gud manufacturer...they have very less noise level...

sleepychink125

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
i hear the freezer 7 pro is not that much better than stock. i have no experience with after market coolers so i have no idea. but i do know that when I OC, i'm going to need a good cooler. will that freezer 7 pro cut it? (also, i hear its a pain in the ass to install)

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
you can use the xigmatech without the retention bracket, but its better to use it. Using the xigmatech without the bracket is about the same as using the Freezer 7 Pro, since they are both about the same size/weight.

sleepychink125

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
ok then i am pretty much done with my build!

im going to get the components that i listed above and hold out for a good deal on a 4850 and a xiggy+bracket.