Question Hey, guys and girls, I am looking to build my own computer and need suggestions for a really good amd CPU.

Apr 21, 2019
Hello, everyone, I'm very new to the computer world and need help to build my own computer. I would like some suggestions on a really good and CPU and I don't have a price range. I also would like ideas on a really good CPU cooler and a compatible motherboard. I was told the "amd ryzen 7 2700x" was good but I don't know. I thank you guys so much if you help me out.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
well everybody's got a price range.
cuz if you say you don't then I could easily offer you a built that costs $10,000.

So please try to rethink that statement and offer us a more realistic budget.

even if it's more of a range where instead of saying it's a max number you say that anywhere between X number and X number is fine.

But to get things started for you, (assuming you haven't purchased any other parts yet) here's a general build that's good but doesn't try to break the bank either.

There are a few things about this build that can be adjusted to save money if need be.

Getting a lesser GPU. (if choosing a different GPU, please be aware that it can't be any longer than 286mm because the cooler I chose won't allow you to have anything longer while it's mounted to the front of the case. Can be up to 300mm in length if going with the stock air cooler for the CPU.)

Getting the Ryzen 5 2600.

Not getting the AiO cooler and sticking with the stock cooler (only do this if you DON'T plan on overclocking.)
(if not getting the AiO, you'll need additional fans to populate the front of the case with)

getting a slightly lesser PSU like the Corsair CX650 Bronze unit (2017 model)

However though, since you say budget isn't too big of a concern, I would think the $1500-ish price is within reason, and after taxes it should be no more than maybe $1700.

Anywho, I'm done ranting, here's the build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($224.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($155.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($78.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($30.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.88 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Video Card ($699.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower Case ($108.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($72.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1557.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-22 01:29 EDT-0400

For gaming and general purpose the Ryzen 2700X is the best, Threadripper would be more suited if you are using your computer for productivity stuff. As far as cooler a Noctua, be quiet, or Cryorig cooler would all be good options. (all air coolers since I think AIOs for the most part are overpriced) I would then get any X470 motherboard or if those are too much a good reviewed B450.

Unless you really need to build a PC you may want to wait till July for the next AMD CPU/GPU release. the Ryzen 3000 is suppose going to be quite powerful.

WildCard999

Titan
Depends on the case, I wouldn't bother with a 120/140mm AIO as high end air outperforms it for the same price and is much quieter. Corsair/Cooler Master make some good 240/280mm AIO's and for 360mm I'd probably get the NZXT X72.

As a side note you don't need a high end AIO to cool that 2700, mid to high end big air coolers would be more then enough to keep it cool as well for overclocking. Even the stock cooler is quite good at keeping it cool but can get a bit audible.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is there any reason you're not sticking with the included cooler?

I agree with Gam3r01 - skip the liquid cooling, and get a better SSD - 500GB or maybe 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO perhaps, or Crucial MX500.

Also, what is your monitor's resolution and refresh rate? That will help better determine what the appropriate video card would be.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, if you plan on the latest-and-greatest games, and plan to run them at 4K resolution at 60fps with the details cranked up, then a 2080Ti is the way to go, but VERY pricey.

If you're willing to turn down some settings, then the 2080 will do it.

Apr 21, 2019
What is a personal favourite computer build for gaming within a range of $1500 - $2300.
I need the build to have an amd CPU and a strong motherboard with really hight graphics.
In general a really strong computer.

Apr 21, 2019
And ahead of time - Thanks so much for all your guys' hard work I appreciate it so much.
I'm looking for something with such high graphics that has great resolution for the "BenQ EW3270U 32" 4K HDR Monitor, 10 Bit, Brightness Intelligence Plus, Eye Care, USB Type-C, HDMI"
  • HIGH RESOLUTION: 31.5-inch LED 4K UHD (3840x2160 resolution)
  • HDR SUPPORT: HDR increases the dynamic range between black and white to showcase incredible clarity and details
  • BRIGHTNESS INTELLIGENCE PLUS TECHNOLOGY: Monitor adjusts brightness and colour temperature based on on-screen content and ambient light conditions
  • EYE-CARE TECHNOLOGY: Low Blue Light and Flicker-Free technology reduce eye discomfort
  • MULTIPLE CONNECTIVITY: HDMI 2.0, DP1.4, USB-C (only for video and not for power supply)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
ok hold up and wait a minute.

pretty much every build on this thread is useless now because you live in Canada.

price and availability of components differs between countries.

here's an adjusted build for your budget.

This is pretty much as good as it gets for performance without going up to an Intel 9900K and a 2080 Ti.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($405.75 @ Vuugo)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($193.50 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($168.99 @ Powertop)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($111.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($87.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.50 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card ($948.88 @ Canada Computers)
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower Case ($114.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($110.94 @ Mike's Computer Shop)
Case Fan: Fractal Design - X2 GP-12 (Black) 52.3 CFM 120mm Fan ($17.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $2235.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-22 21:07 EDT-0400

If you plan on gaming at 4K, your graphics card will have more of an impact on performance than anything. I'm assuming your currency is US dollars? In that price range, you could put an RTX 2080 Ti in there, if you are willing to spend over $1100 on the graphics card alone.

If you are not totally set on going 4K, you might also consider a 1440p 144Hz screen, for a good mix of resolution and high frame rates.

Reactions: punkncat
Apr 21, 2019
ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD or ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 ATX X470

Or do you guys have a better one that's compatible with AMD ryzen 7 2700x CPU?

Apr 21, 2019
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 ATX X470 Motherboard or ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Or if you have a better suggestion.

Both are excellent boards however the HERO is more for the enthusiast. They both have the same chipset and excellent Bios. Hero has slightly better VRMs for Overclocking. Also has a Qcode readout for troubleshooting Overclocking issues and a Bios flashback system allowing Bios updates using a USB with only power to the MB required. (a very handy feature).
I have the Hero WIFI version and a 2700X and very happy with performance and features. The Hero is more expensive ofc but worth it if you want the best.
Here is a link to a review and comparison of both boards: https://edgeup.asus.com/2018/the-x4...oosing-the-best-board-for-your-ryzen-build/2/