Jul 8, 2020
So i dont know much but i am hoping i can find some one to help me with this , so first of all I am using a laptop , HP ProBook 4540s , So my problem is that i have a beta driver ( Crimson web or something ) that i think may be faulty and i want this driver gone , and just downgrade to the catalyst center driver one which is not in beta and very stable as it worked wonders before , So what i do is uninstall the AMD driver from device manager then restart , and then i would already have downloaded the catalyst center driver one and put it on desktop , so after restarting i would install it and it would go smooth , no problems until i restart i would get a bluescreen and my laptop wouldn't boot to desktop unless i do a system restore using the repair thingy , i seriously don't know much about pc's and i am not a native english speaker so if there is anything that isn't clear or i didn't mention / forgot please tell me ,, thanks in advance.

Solution
Uninstall the AMD software from Control Panel Programs list (not just device manager), run DDU program to wipe them fully, install the video drivers from HP support site not AMD. For laptops the most stable driver to use is the one from the laptop vendor. Reference drives cause issues with laptops often.
Uninstall the AMD software from Control Panel Programs list (not just device manager), run DDU program to wipe them fully, install the video drivers from HP support site not AMD. For laptops the most stable driver to use is the one from the laptop vendor. Reference drives cause issues with laptops often.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS