Question Hey guys! I have a little bit issue here. So, apparently, my OS is not reading any hard drive for me to create a system backup.. Any ideas?

Colif

Win 11 Master
How many drives do you have in the PC?

You can't backup to same drive obviously

Guys, I think I figured it out how to do it using the native Windows features.

You would need to do it via a "network drive". You can create a shared folder on the other internal disk that you would like to use a backup and change its access permissions to only users on the current PC and not other users on your local network (if you don't want it, of course).

After that you can select it in the back up options in the original ControlPanel > File History Options.

After that you can choose what folders would you like to backup which is a bit annoying to add/remove one by one, but is still fine.

I have just done this right now and I think it works as expected. Would try restoring from it, just to make sure that it is all ok.

I hope this is helpful as it was super annoying for me as well, and several of my friends had SSD failures recently which caused them a lot of inconvenience and losses.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/f8e42039-a81e-4b72-8af4-e49d4085aa11?page=3

Last edited:

wjcf1193

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018
Only 1 and an external hard drive, basically, I wanted to do a full backup on my external drive.. And by the way I already tried the file history thing, the only files it is copying are from Libraries, Desktop, Contacts and Favorites. I don't have the option of "File History Options" on my control panel as well.

Last edited:

wjcf1193

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018
does the external hdd show up in file explorer or disk management?

what brand drive is it?
Of course it does, that is why I wanted to do a full backup on my external hard drive.
View: https://imgur.com/a/v6yobsW

I'm trying an alternative to back it up using command, and it is failing miserably after copying the Program Files folder, probably because of some corrupted/virus or outdated files I have, well my OS is currently updated so I can't figure that out as well.

Thanks for trying to help though..