[SOLVED] hey guys i seem to have a weird problem i recently noticed that my gpu usage is all the way up to 100% no matter what but afterburner says different?

Solution
Probably nothing but worth getting something new to monitor temps, i have used Speedfan and GPU-Z, in the past and HWMonitor is another handy program too, they are all free and safe to use, the first two will also help monitor temperatures and Speedfan can be used to set custom fan curves if you need to.

i would not worry too much though, try touching the case and feeling the temperature of the air coming out the exhaust fans too, very quick way to feel yourself it it's heating up and what is normal under load

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Probably nothing but worth getting something new to monitor temps, i have used Speedfan and GPU-Z, in the past and HWMonitor is another handy program too, they are all free and safe to use, the first two will also help monitor temperatures and Speedfan can be used to set custom fan curves if you need to.

i would not worry too much though, try touching the case and feeling the temperature of the air coming out the exhaust fans too, very quick way to feel yourself it it's heating up and what is normal under load

Solution

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Temps are just fine, would need to be getting closer to 90-100, with the fans maxed before it becomes an issue, my rx 570, would get up to 75 and i was happy to leave it there, until i noticed my case was designed with the fans in the wrong place, adjusted them and now temps sit around 60, no difference in performance but the fans were quieter, only real difference you will notice