[SOLVED] Hey guys, I wanted to know what you think about this build and what should I expect

boozlepuzzle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
[System Builder - Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7 GHz Quad-Core - PCPartPicker] (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KhwdNQ)

as you might notice, I tried to pick the best I could for the lowest price possible, I picked this Ryzen CPU with integrated graphics, because I read Vega 11 is quite good, and this way I don't have to spend on a dedicated GPU(by now, maybe in the future if I'm not happy with it I'd gather more money and buy it an RX 580), also picked the 3400G as a way of kind of "future-proofing" because I think it's worth it for $30-50 dollars more to choose the best of the integrated graphics CPUs

I don't expect the best or something from another world, I'm really used to play in the lowest settings(and to play just low requirement games) because I've got an 8yo Celeron e3400 with G41 integrated graphics, so you can imagine this build would already be a huge jump for me, and I don't see myself spending more money than this on a computer.

So, I wanted to check what the experts think, is there any changes I could make to it for the same price or a little more price with a considerable change in performance?

What should I expect? I read this can play GTA V and most games fine, I don't care about not playing on the best settings or 1080p, as long as I can run the popular games even with ugly settings but playable frames I'm ok, but if I can go for something better with this reduced budget then I'm more than happy,

also, should I really get another cooler apart from the wraith spire that comes with the CPU? is it really necessary? of course I plan on overclocking, thanks guys

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly I'd throw the PSU, it appears to be awful quality, and especially at that price it must be. Never go cheap on the PSU - as this guide will show you (point 1): https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

Also as the list points out, you may need to ensure that the MB comes with an updated BIOS from reseller otherwise it will not work with the 3400G.

Have you considered an SSD? You can pick some up pretty cheap now and will give you some big improvements to load up times and boot up.

The Integrated graphics on the 3400G are pretty decent for integrated graphics, it's about the same tier as a GT1030 which will play...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Firstly I'd throw the PSU, it appears to be awful quality, and especially at that price it must be. Never go cheap on the PSU - as this guide will show you (point 1): https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

Also as the list points out, you may need to ensure that the MB comes with an updated BIOS from reseller otherwise it will not work with the 3400G.

Have you considered an SSD? You can pick some up pretty cheap now and will give you some big improvements to load up times and boot up.

The Integrated graphics on the 3400G are pretty decent for integrated graphics, it's about the same tier as a GT1030 which will play those kind of titles on low settings. Obviously don't expect miracles. In addition if you want to upgrade the GPU later, I certainly wouldn't with that PSU!

As for the cooler, I wouldn't worry initially, the wraith spire can be quite decent even with a little overclock, yes you'll probably want to upgrade for anything bigger (and depending on your ambient temperatures) however you can always just upgrade later if the spire doesn't do the job rather than spend more money now.

Reactions: boozlepuzzle
Solution

boozlepuzzle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019

The Integrated graphics on the 3400G are pretty decent for integrated graphics, it's about the same tier as a GT1030 which will play those kind of titles on low settings. Obviously don't expect miracles. In addition if you want to upgrade the GPU later, I certainly wouldn't with that PSU!

As for the cooler, I wouldn't worry initially, the wraith spire can be quite decent even with a little overclock, yes you'll probably want to upgrade for anything bigger (and depending on your ambient temperatures) however you can always just upgrade later if the spire doesn't do the job rather than spend more money now.
thanks! yes forgot to change the psu on the list, i'd get some 80+ bronze 500w for $50 instead, I think it's enough with that.
I won't get an SSD because I don't care much about the disk's speed and bootup time, I prefer to get more storage with an hdd and put the money into better CPU/GPU.
Do you know of a motherboard for ATX with confirmed updated bios for this CPU, because I've been searching but couldn't find anything, thanks