[SOLVED] Hey guys, if I upgrade my mother board, cpu and Ram would I need to re download my drivers and windows 10

Jul 15, 2019
I am upgrading from i3 8100 to Ryzen 7 2700x and the mother board from msi h310 pro vd to MSI X470 Gaming Plus AM4 ATX and I'm upgrading ram from two 4gb to two 8gb sticks.

Jul 14, 2019
If I recall correctly, AMD is sending out bios update kits for situations like this. Essentially they will send you an old cpu so you can boot up and get the update, but they want it back after you finish.

As for windows... Since it is such a large change to your system, you may have a difficult time getting your copy reactivated. You can do it, but it isn't a great experience from what I understand.

DavidDisciple

Commendable
May 29, 2017
Yes, and you will need to re-activate Windows 10 as well. You have to have at least a Windows 7 license or an original copy of Windows 10. Make sure you back-up all your pictures, saved games, etc.

Jul 14, 2019
When upgrading from an Intel processor and MB to an AMD processor and MB that already supports Pinnacle Ridge?
For if you don't have a board that natively supports the new 3000 series AMD cpus without a bios update, and don't have an older AMD chip to put in your board to get the required bios update.

Edit : and now I feel stupid. Somehow missed the generation number. Thought it read 3700, not 2700.