Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
So my rig is.
ZEBRONICS 945 MOTHERBOARD
Antec 650W PSU
Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU
2GB RAM
Sandisk SSD 120GB
GTX 650 1GB (the one without PCI-E connector.. I mean it doesn't need any PCI-E power connector.)

My problem is that whenever I am trying to play games or trying to run Windows Experience Index Assessment it suddenly shuts off the screen. I can't see anything on the screen unless I restart forcefully by pressing the power button for 10 secs. I tried these things:
Updated the Driver
Checked the PSU
installed a new OS.
Even though after trying the above nothing is working. Its still the same. I checked the temps whenever I try any 3D app or any game or software that use 3D graphics the temp goes over 95 C and keeps on rising... and when it reaches more than 100 C it shuts off the screen just as mentioned above.

Can you guys plz help me... I don't want to change my GPU. Do you guys have any solution?

Solution
Is the temp of 95 to 100 for the gpu or the cpu? If it is getting that hot it is shutting down due to over heating. You have a heat issue here. Is your fan working? If it is you probably have a air flow issue in your case, maybe the case fans aren't working, check those and make sure they are and then you will be able to lower your temps. Also if you are overclocking the gpu that can be the cause of the issue as well. Lower the overclock and see what happens.

indsup

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
Is the temp of 95 to 100 for the gpu or the cpu? If it is getting that hot it is shutting down due to over heating. You have a heat issue here. Is your fan working? If it is you probably have a air flow issue in your case, maybe the case fans aren't working, check those and make sure they are and then you will be able to lower your temps. Also if you are overclocking the gpu that can be the cause of the issue as well. Lower the overclock and see what happens.

Solution

rajazone007

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
The temp of GPU is going over 95 Celsius and its getting shut down after reaching over 100 Celsius. Yes the fan is working properly.. actually whenever I'm running the WEI(Windows Experience Index) the speed of the fan is increasing and making sound but the temp isn't getting lower at all. The temp is rising irrespective of fan speed. I tried that. I opened the case completely and then tried again but its still the same. I don't know if playing IGI 4 -Marks, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (on PS2 Emulator) or running 'WEI' is overclocking my GPU or not. If it is then I probably need it to be overclocked.

If it is caused by GPU temperature and not because of the new PSU... then please tell me how to control its temp. How can I cool it down?

rajazone007

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
NEVER MIND! FOUND THE PROBLEM. IT WAS A VERY SIMPLE PROBLEM. I KNEW IT WAS TEMPERATURE BUT WASN'T WHAT WAS CAUSING IT. IT WAS THE 'THERMAL PASTE'. THE GPU NEEDED SOME THERMAL PASTE. SO I PUT SOME THERMAL PASTE AND VOILA, ITS WORKING FINE NOW.

ANYWAY, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. :) ;)