[SOLVED] Hey guys need help

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
Hello so i have following problem , iam building first time pc . Everthing is cool except
I have problem and i am not sure about that i tried to surf net and search but all displayed images are pretty shady to see about pins
So here is picture of my PCIe 8 pin 6+2
- https://files.fm/u/pup9jsx4
I want to know if there should be missing 1 pin because i am about to risk with new build system and great gpu
So need answers to know if its ok And should be like that or its some factory mistake for corssair RM650 W PSU.
Would be Really grateful if someone can help me .

Solution
If you look up the ATX standard connector, you'll most probably find that the "missing one" would just be a twin wire if it had being there. Say that should be a yellow one, that is normally +12V. If so, then it just means that there is one less wire that conducts the current.
Haven't looked that up myself, but I'd expect that is the case.

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
Most likely - that of course assuming there isn't any other problems not related to this.
[/QUOTE
I hope its not factory bug and my pc wont expect any problems i even wrote Corsair but unfortunately they gonna answer me withing 3-5 working days ... pretty much gonna risk and turn on pc

If you look up the ATX standard connector, you'll most probably find that the "missing one" would just be a twin wire if it had being there. Say that should be a yellow one, that is normally +12V. If so, then it just means that there is one less wire that conducts the current.

Solution

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
All my wires are black i will look up if there is any twin wires .

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello so i have following problem , iam building first time pc . Everthing is cool except
I have problem and i am not sure about that i tried to surf net and search but all displayed images are pretty shady to see about pins
So here is picture of my PCIe 8 pin 6+2
- https://files.fm/u/pup9jsx4
I want to know if there should be missing 1 pin because i am about to risk with new build system and great gpu
So need answers to know if its ok And should be like that or its some factory mistake for corssair RM650 W PSU.
Would be Really grateful if someone can help me .
That looks defective to me!

6+2 pin PCI-e Has 8 wires not 7! Can't really see trying to save 20 cents to leave that connector off.

Look at the other PCI-E cable you have. That is the sense B pin missing that tells the card that a 8 pin connector is being used not a 6 pin in a 8 pin slot.

Not sure that wire is actually needed.

From left to right top Ground sense ground ground ground bottom the same way 12 volt 12 volt 12 volt sense wire. .

Last edited:

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
That looks defective to me!

6+2 pin PCI-e Has 8 wires not 7! Can't really see trying to save 20 cents to leave that connector off.

Look at the other PCI-E cable you have. That is the sense B pin missing that tells the card that a 8 pin connector is being used not a 6 pin in a 8 pin slot.

Not sure that wire is actually needed.

From left to right top Ground sense ground ground ground bottom the same way 12 volt 12 volt 12 volt sense wire. .
Am i mean i have 8 & 6+2 ( what i showed you is the cable wich goes to Psu / GPu cable 6+2 are fine with every wire and pin.
Both PCIe cables wich came with psu are both exactly the same and have missing one wire and pin, so i need to get new PCIE Cable?

What actually does the sense connector do never could figure that out.

Depends.

Typical sense wires, like the kind on the 24-pin, feedback voltage readings to the PSU to tell it if there's low voltages so the PSU can compensate.

On the GPU, graphics card simply checks to see if the pin is populated (e.g. the card "senses" the pin) and if it's present then it knows it's an 8-pin PCIe. But it really is nothing more than a ground wire.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Depends.

Typical sense wires, like the kind on the 24-pin, feedback voltage readings to the PSU to tell it if there's low voltages so the PSU can compensate.

On the GPU, graphics card simply checks to see if the pin is populated (e.g. the card "senses" the pin) and if it's present then it knows it's an 8-pin PCIe. But it really is nothing more than a ground wire.
So all it really needs is the one from the 6 pin to let it know the rail is being used or does it not really even need that one?