[SOLVED] hey guys tried to put my windows iso on a usb not sure what this means

Asleepdann

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
so i downloaded this program rufus to put the iso on the usb as told by someone and when it finished this notice came up

what does this mean?

you have created a media that uses uefi:ntfs bootloader, to boot this media turn off secure boot

i have no idea what that means its been so long since i reformatted from a usb

do i put the iso on the usb or the actual setup.exe? and then wich boot option do i choose theres like 3-4 that show the usb

Last edited:
Solution
Reorder the boot priority
better off knowing what motherboard it is before suggesting that, too many installs get stuck in loop where win 10 will restart and instead of running off ssd, will restart installer again. Removing the usb doesn't always work either. Often you end up with a half installed win 10.

Better to use boot overrride if its available

I don't know if you have to turn off secure boot to use boot over ride.
you could have just used the easier Microsoft windows media creation tool to get a working stick, but if RUFUS was configured right while creating the stick, it will work the same way.

Which motherboard do you use?

Get into the BIOS of your motherboard and disable "secure boot" to be able to boot from the USB flash drive and install windows from it.
Reorder the boot priority in BIOS or directly open the boot menu from your motherboard and choose your USB flash drive with "UEFI".

Colif

Win 11 Master
Reorder the boot priority
better off knowing what motherboard it is before suggesting that, too many installs get stuck in loop where win 10 will restart and instead of running off ssd, will restart installer again. Removing the usb doesn't always work either. Often you end up with a half installed win 10.

Better to use boot overrride if its available

I don't know if you have to turn off secure boot to use boot over ride.

Solution

Asleepdann

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
my mobo is the z270 gigabyte, i used the Microsoft windows media creation tool like you suggested to put it onto the usb so hoping that works, since i did it this way do i still need to turn off secure boot?

TRENDING THREADS