[SOLVED] Hey guys wanna help me build my new PC?

Dec 15, 2018
I just put together some parts from my old computer, got a new hard drive and a new graphics card but most importantly a new case.

It's a 970m pro3 motherboard with a CX600 power supply by corsair. Not sure what the new case is, I got it from my step brother. It's a big white one that looks nicer than I've ever had.

I put the panel1 connectors in properly, I re-did that and I don't think that's the problem. When It's all plugged in and everything, I go to turn it on, and nothing happens. I don't see any lights or hear any noises, nothing happens.

What could be the issue? Is the power button on the case broke?

The wires were very confusing, I wasn't sure how compatible the case was with the motherboard at first. But if the panel1 connectors are all plugged in properly, then what could be keeping the power button from booting the motherboard????

general view of my rig, i'll take more pics if necessary. I just want to get my new computer working.
http://

Solution
That power supply is Corsair, but the fact that it is a green label is a little bit concerning to me. Make sure the GPU is fully in the PCIe slot, all necessary power connectors are plugged in (if there are two PCIe power sockets, plug both of them in, not just one), and they are not loose to a point where you could flick the power cord and it comes unplugged. You plugged the HDMI into the GPU, not the motherboard, right?
Dec 15, 2018
Nevermind! Turns out my wall outlet was unplugged lol.

But now there is no feed showing up on my HDMI monitor hmm. Is it normal for a first boot to show nothing? Afterall I have no operating system.

Your boot should show your BIOS. make sure your GPU is installed correctly.

woahwoahwilly

Honorable
Jan 18, 2018
That power supply is Corsair, but the fact that it is a green label is a little bit concerning to me. Make sure the GPU is fully in the PCIe slot, all necessary power connectors are plugged in (if there are two PCIe power sockets, plug both of them in, not just one), and they are not loose to a point where you could flick the power cord and it comes unplugged. You plugged the HDMI into the GPU, not the motherboard, right?

Solution