[SOLVED] hey guys, what do you think about this budget pc gamer?

BrokenKB

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
i wanna play "lite" games like lol, csgo, fortnite even wow at high fps, but also some AAA games like gta v, dark souls 3, cod mw or halo master chief collection, it doesn´t matter if must set them to medium-low graphics (my monitor is 1600x900 btw)

i cant invest more money in this so if you have a tip, try not be much expensive

(let me know if you cant see the image)
(sorry if my english sucks)

Sin-t-tulo.png

Solution
1)Cpu: Fortnite isn't light - not after the Chapter 2 update and neither is WoW - especially during raids, and on high traffic servers. CoD, specifically Warzone, isn't going to run smoothly on a 6 core/6 thread cpu.
I'm not familiar with Dark Souls 3 nor Halo: MCC, so I can't comment on those. GTA V should be fine though, as long as you cap the fps.

2)Storage: 120GBs is too small for an OS-only drive. 256GBs minimum.

3)Ram: Purchase memory already packaged as a pair. Don't purchase 2 separate sticks - that can lead to freezing, crashing, or BSODs.

4)Motherboard: That H310 model isn't guaranteed to work out of the box with 9th gen Intel cpus. B365 and Z390 are.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Cpu: Fortnite isn't light - not after the Chapter 2 update and neither is WoW - especially during raids, and on high traffic servers. CoD, specifically Warzone, isn't going to run smoothly on a 6 core/6 thread cpu.
I'm not familiar with Dark Souls 3 nor Halo: MCC, so I can't comment on those. GTA V should be fine though, as long as you cap the fps.

3)Ram: Purchase memory already packaged as a pair. Don't purchase 2 separate sticks - that can lead to freezing, crashing, or BSODs.

4)Motherboard: That H310 model isn't guaranteed to work out of the box with 9th gen Intel cpus. B365 and Z390 are.

Reactions: BrokenKB
Solution

BrokenKB

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019

you know cod warzone runs better or worse in 4 core 8 threads cpu?

PD: i used to play wow 5 months ago in a gt 1030 in 25man raid and my fps always were higher than 60, i think should run fine

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
you know cod warzone runs better or worse in 4 core 8 threads cpu?
Should be a little better. The game can use up to 12 threads. Let that sink in for a moment.

PD: i used to play wow 5 months ago in a gt 1030 in 25man raid and my fps always were higher than 60, i think should run fine
I played from post Burning Crusade up to that pre-Battle for Azeroth launch event - whatever it was called - had Sargeras' sword jammed in Silithus, etc.
Wow is more cpu heavy than gpu.
Mass multiplayer, world terrain draw distance, shadows, certain spell physics -> cpu.
The gpu has a minor role in this game.

Reactions: BrokenKB