[SOLVED] Hey, I figured my PC has been underperforming and I need help identifying it

Solution
According to the report, your ram and ssd are performing par at best.

• You have c16 3200 mhz memorry. Sure its 3200mhz but your latency is high (c16). Here is a visual: 10 - Performance Index.png (856×430) (anandtech.com) According to this data, your 3200mhz c16 is on par with with 2400 mhz c12, which lowers your performance.
  • It seems like the SSD to begin with is on the weaker end. Here some review from Userbenchmark (you decide if you want to trust it or not) about your SSD: UserBenchmark: PNY CS900 480GB SSD7CS900-480-RB
  • A cost effective way to boost your CPU speed could be some simple repasting. Thermal paste gets crusty over time, and a cpu "as old as" a 7700k could use a repaste.
  • Another cost...

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016

• You have c16 3200 mhz memorry. Sure its 3200mhz but your latency is high (c16). Here is a visual: 10 - Performance Index.png (856×430) (anandtech.com) According to this data, your 3200mhz c16 is on par with with 2400 mhz c12, which lowers your performance.
  • It seems like the SSD to begin with is on the weaker end. Here some review from Userbenchmark (you decide if you want to trust it or not) about your SSD: UserBenchmark: PNY CS900 480GB SSD7CS900-480-RB
  • A cost effective way to boost your CPU speed could be some simple repasting. Thermal paste gets crusty over time, and a cpu "as old as" a 7700k could use a repaste.
  • Another cost effective way to boost your score could be airflow. This would effect your gpu and cpu. better airflow means better cooling, means better performance.

Solution
I got some help from another user on here and they recommended me to try out the user benchmark. My PC seems to be under performing compared to others PCs. Here is my user benchmark https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45768621 Any tips to help better understand and troubleshoot are greatly appreciated!
Enable xmp in the bios.
Reboot and let the pc sit for 5 mins.
Run UBM and post a link to the results.

frankya

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020

• Another cost effective way to boost your score could be airflow. This would effect your gpu and cpu. better airflow means better cooling, means better performance.
Enable xmp in the bios.
Thank you to both of you guys. I will give these a try and get back to you.

frankya

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020
Enable xmp in the bios.
Hey I already had xmp on but my speed is set to 2400mhz. I try setting it higher but can't. In my BIOS one memory frequency is 2266MHz and the other is 2400MHz. Could my Mobo be locked at it?

frankya

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020
Go to the mobo site and get the latest bios/inf/management engine driver.

Were these 2 ram sticks bought as a kit or 2 separate sticks?
They were bought as a kit. Weird thing as well now, I don't think my GPU is working correctly. It is detected in Windows and is enabled but is not running in games or in User Benchmark.

frankya

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020
80C is still fine for 7700k. But you may want to get a better cpu cooler.
I noticed that my GPU wasn't being detected in UBM sometimes. It is turned on and recognized by my PC, but is not being used. It is enabled in device manager as well. When I looked in NZXT Cam View: https://imgur.com/a/dj3WCfm
it says that it is at 315Mhz and was at 0% load constantly. Do you have any ideas what I could have messed up?

TRENDING THREADS