[SOLVED] Hey! I had the Gskill Tridentz RGB - 16 gb-3000mhz. One of my sticks from this set went bad and, now I want to buy another one.

Jun 24, 2021
The only available ram is the Tridentz 16gb(3600mhz). If I mix the old stick, with the new ones, will they world together at 3000mhz? (I have z390, Asus motherboard). TIA!

Solution
It may or may not work with them. It would come down to how compatible the components are. Which is a crapshoot. More so with different models. You may be able to get there or close with custom OC settings rather than being able to use a default XMP profile. They may also not work together at all or only at the highest common SPD settings.
It may or may not work with them. It would come down to how compatible the components are. Which is a crapshoot. More so with different models. You may be able to get there or close with custom OC settings rather than being able to use a default XMP profile. They may also not work together at all or only at the highest common SPD settings.

Solution
Jun 24, 2021
Makes sense, guess I'll just have to test it out. Thanks!