Question Hey I just bought a 970evopluss m.2 for my pc and tried to download windows but I can't anyway to get around this or do I have to buy a compatible ssd

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 15, 2021
Hey I just bought a 970evopluss m.2 for my pc and tried to download windows but I can't anyway to get around this or do I have to buy a compatible ssd?
when I get to the installation part it tells me my hardware may not support it and to check if controllers are enabled they are enabled btw
did a convert to gpt thing on the ssd trying to fix it was able to download windows but then it wouldn't boot and it would just throw me back to the bios
tried csm start up or whatever its called tried it about 20 times restarting my pc re putting in the ssd completely turning off my pc and back on restarting multiple times after downloading windows but then it tells me it wont support it

Hardware
z390e gaming asus motherboard https://www.amazon.com/Asus-ROG-Str...t=&hvlocphy=9033660&hvtargid=pla-568399766766
970 evo plus 1 terabyte https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-...ectronics&sprefix=970e,electronics,276&sr=1-3
2060 ti I don't remember which one
and that's all the important stuff I think... also I'm not apposed to buying another ssd just don't want to wake 2 weeks for it to get here I live in a barren land..

Jul 15, 2021
so when im in the windows set up screen and its showing me my partitions it has the delete option and it my screen freezes for a second and then it clears it also iddn't realize this had a second page my bad for the late reply

USAFRet

Titan
It should look something like this before you continue (different Total and Free size, obviously)

cDdpBOA.png

GuardianFromSteam

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Hopefully it fixes it because this was the outcome of that post: "Thanks for all your assistance Colif, but it turned out to be a compatibility issue/solid state drive problem with the solid state I was installing. After working through things with MSi Tech Support, we came to this conclusion and I ended up just firing up my old HDD while I find a different SSD to use. Thanks again though! "