Hey I'm currently on a budget from 300-400 dollar gaming desktop. My friend showed me this one computer and told me it was dec

Roasty_My_Toasty

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
For $300-$400 you cant really get a computer that will play any recent games at a decent frame rate. If I was you, I would either save my money (until about $800-$1200), or...dare I say it...... buy.... a console....

I say this because if you did buy that 300-400 dollar pc, it would be hard to upgrade. You probably couldn't resell any of the parts for anywhere near what you got them for and some of the upper level stuff wouldn't be compatible (PSU not powerful enough, mobo not compatible with old cpu, gpu or ram, case would be too small, etc)

I would highly recommend saving your money. See if you can get a few parts for a birthday or Christmas. It may take a while to assemble a really good build.

Aug 11, 2015
Dude, if you try to build a pc at this price range (I am doing so this christmas) you will be able to play a lot of modern games at good fps on lower settings (obviously not witcher 3 or far cry 4). For the triple A titles, you will have a hard time getting playable fps on low settings at 1080p. I will only be playing robocraft, minecraft, trove... not very demanding, and school work. I will however be upgrading in a year to a much better cpu and gpu (aprox. 300$ gpu and 200$ cpu) to play titanfall and far cry. If you plan to earn a LOT of money later and want a basis in building, go for a very upgradeable build now, but remember that in the long run it will cost a bit more. It all comes down to: how badly do you want a pc? Can you wait for next summer, get a job and work hard a few months and then get an EPIC build, or do you want/need it now?
Anyway, I hope this helps you decide whether to go pre built, refurbished or console.