[SOLVED] Hey. Im having weird V SYNC issues.

sifsif123

Commendable
Jan 7, 2019
Hello.

I have been having some mouse latency issues for a while now and i havent been able to find the source for it. Now when messing around with v sync i realised that when i try to turn V Sync on or off NOTHING CHANGES. My mouse still feels delayed and it still looks the same. Shouldn't it feel drastically different with V Sync On/Off? I think my pc might be forcing some sort of sync that makes my mouse movements delayed and sluggish. The mouse delay is both in games, and on my desktop. All the time basically.

Specs:
Asus dual RTX 3060Ti (460.89 driver)
i5 10400f
16GB 3000mhz G.Skill AEGIS
Asus Prime H410m-E
512GB 660p NVME M.2 SSD
650W Fourze 80+ PSU
NZXT H511 Case
Windows 10 Home

Solution
Well, I don't know exactly about this particular PSU but a bad PSU does not provide clean power to the components, ripples will affect them, as I said it probably lacks protections which that by itself may fry and/or take something else with it. It's the most important part of a build yet most people tend to go very cheap on it and just buy whatever fits the recommended wattage (if they know).

Do you have a spare HDD/SSD to install windows there and see if your issue remains? I do believe it's software related, that's why I think that new windows installation will help, but if I am wrong you get to keep the previous one. If you do try it, make sure you have only the spare HDD/SSD connected and not any other drive.
v-sync is known to have input lag
is your mouse wireless?
also whats your monitor?
All this can be written in a single post by editing it. Don't spam the thread please.
Hello.

I have been having some mouse latency issues for a while now and i havent been able to find the source for it. Now when messing around with v sync i realised that when i try to turn V Sync on or off NOTHING CHANGES. My mouse still feels delayed and it still looks the same. Shouldn't it feel drastically different with V Sync On/Off? I think my pc might be forcing some sort of sync that makes my mouse movements delayed and sluggish. The mouse delay is both in games, and on my desktop. All the time basically.

Specs:
Asus dual RTX 3060Ti (460.89 driver)
i5 10400f
16GB 3000mhz G.Skill AEGIS
Asus Prime H410m-E
512GB 660p NVME M.2 SSD
650W Fourze 80+ PSU
NZXT H511 Case
Windows 10 Home

First off, that PSU should be upgraded ASAP. It's not a 650w unit, it's a 528w unit in reality and that's under ideal conditions. I do not trust a PSU that lies about it's wattage. It most probably lacks protections and you risk your high end system if you keep using it.
I suggest you buy a tier B or above from this Tier list .

Now this might not be your issue but it will certainly help in the future.
For your issue, have you tried DDU?

sifsif123

Commendable
Jan 7, 2019
All this can be written in a single post by editing it. Don't spam the thread please.

First off, that PSU should be upgraded ASAP. It's not a 650w unit, it's a 528w unit in reality and that's under ideal conditions. I do not trust a PSU that lies about it's wattage. It most probably lacks protections and you risk your high end system if you keep using it.
I suggest you buy a tier B or above from this Tier list .

Now this might not be your issue but it will certainly help in the future.
For your issue, have you tried DDU?
Hi. Yes i've tried DDU. Doesnt fix the issue when i do a clean install on the latest Nvidia driver.

And in what way can i damage my PC with this PSU??

Well, I don't know exactly about this particular PSU but a bad PSU does not provide clean power to the components, ripples will affect them, as I said it probably lacks protections which that by itself may fry and/or take something else with it. It's the most important part of a build yet most people tend to go very cheap on it and just buy whatever fits the recommended wattage (if they know).

Do you have a spare HDD/SSD to install windows there and see if your issue remains? I do believe it's software related, that's why I think that new windows installation will help, but if I am wrong you get to keep the previous one. If you do try it, make sure you have only the spare HDD/SSD connected and not any other drive.

Solution