Mar 20, 2016
So, i sold my old parts to my friend.
SPECS:

MSI A68HM-P33 V2 (MOBO)
HD 7750 1gb
8GB Kingston ram
AMD II x4 860K

THE PROBLEM
When you try to boot the pc, the fans spin for less then a 1 second (not even spin but looks like it tries and stops immediately)

What we have tried
Removing and placing back CMOS battery, reseating ram.

EXTRA
Video card, works 100%, and ram works 100%, cuz i tested them.
So we thought it is something with PSU, or MOBO, i gave him another PSU still same problem. It seems like it has a short somewhere idk
Is it really CPU or MOBO? im lost... Need your help...

audiospecaccts

Upstanding
Oct 13, 2018
Disconnect all drives from motherboard and power supply, fans, and memory and video card. power on. Does it beep at you, or the cpu fan runs? If so, install one part at a time till the dead symptom comes back to isolate the bad part. Also, make sure the 12V plug is plugged in correctly.
Also, check to see in all the motherboard screws are in , and the board screws tighten evenly.

Jun 19, 2018
im 99% sure you have done this but i gotta ask, have you made sure all your PSU wires are plugged in nice and tight? i had a problem once which i fixed by taking out and putting back in my 8pin cpu connector.

speaking of wires are the wires all good? nothing melted or cut etc?

audiospecaccts

Upstanding
Oct 13, 2018
Installing the motherboard one screw at a time can cause the board to warp. try remounting the motherboard so it sits in the case without bends in it. Sometimes the cpu will get slightly unseated changing it from case to case. try re-seating the CPU in the socket.