Question hey, when i turn on my pc fans and keyboard and mouse light up, but my monitor shows no signal

FRE3B0RN

Commendable
Apr 12, 2021
hello, so, recently, my extension cord came out of the wall plug and obviously my pc did not turn on, however, when i plugged it in and turned it on, the fans and the lights on the fans and the light on my keyboard and mouse turned on. i tried different outputs with different ports and i also tried a different gpu. i also took one ram stick out and turned it on with a single ram stick, and i also took the other ram stick and put it in instead of the first one. i cleaned the ram sticks and even the slots and after all of this still no output. at this point, its either the cpu or the motherboard, how will i know which one it is?

My specs are :
AMD FX-6350
GTX 960M 2GB MSI
8-GB DDR3 RAM
460W CORSAIR PSU
1TB SAMSUNG SSD

Last edited:
... at this point, its either the cpu or the motherboard, how will i know which one it is?
Which motherboard do you have?
CPUs seldom fail, so it could be the motherboard of the PSU.

Turn off the PC and switch the PSU off and unplug the power cord.
Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard.
Disconnect the SSD and make sure all cables and components are seated properly.

After 5 minutes insert back the CMOS battery, plug back the power cord, switch the PSU on and power the PC.
Are you able to get into the BIOS?
There are any lights on the motherboard?

FRE3B0RN

Commendable
Apr 12, 2021
i have an asrock motherboard, and i cant get into bios, the screen remains black, and when i connect the pc to the tv it just says no signal. i will try the cmos battery thing now and i will let you know how it goes