Question Hi all!!!! Help!!!!!! I have a laptop asus tuf fx504 i5 8300 gtx1060 6gb,i bought it half a year ago.For two weeks now,while gaming my Cpu reached 91C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2019
I installed all updates for all drivers including Bios,after that i run a test with Aida64,and it showed after 1 min "overheating Cpu- throttling 12-15%. I opened the back case and there is no dust in fans,i removed heatsink and thermal paste was all ok except for Gpu mosfets,thermal paste is like stones and has no contact with them it stuck to heatsink. Can this be the problem?????? Thank you.! View: http://imgur.com/gallery/QZ7hx9r
a few photos.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019
There are many laptops that show Overheating in Aida64 (even up to 50 percent) but they run fine. However, this exact laptop is built very badly therefore there is power limit throttling present which downclocks the cpu speed and produces stuttering in games.

Jun 21, 2019
There are many laptops that show Overheating in Aida64 (even up to 50 percent) but they run fine. However, this exact laptop is built very badly therefore there is power limit throttling present which downclocks the cpu speed and produces stuttering in games.
I see. But thd laptop gets really hot on surface of keyboard,it didn't happened before. Even if i play smt old (Hellgate london).

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
If it makes you feel any better I just purchased an ASUS TUF 505 DU (AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU / Nvidia 1660 ti ). I found with the new laptop in normal productivity mode the laptop stayed a normal operating temperature but when I launched a game like X-Com 2 The whole right side of the laptop was blowing hot air and almost to hot to the touch to put the mouse near the right side. The bottom of the laptop was REALLY cooking and the table I had it sitting on was excessively warm as was the top of the laptop. I haven't played around much with the Fan Controls and such yet as I just received it but I was very concerned about the heat emitting from the laptop. There wasn't any real noticeable lag caused by it but I became concerned. So it's not just your laptop. I am thinking of getting a fan or cooler mat to help.

Reactions: kasumov
Jun 21, 2019
Thx everyone for help!!!!! Thermal paste was indeed dry and caused overheat in CPU, now it runs at maximum 70 C even when gaming. Still the gpu goes slowly but steady over 86 C.

Jun 22, 2019
Thx everyone for help!!!!! Thermal paste was indeed dry and caused overheat in CPU, now it runs at maximum 70 C even when gaming. Still the gpu goes slowly but steady over 86 C.
So did you change the thermal paste on the mosfets?If so, what thermal paste did you use, because its different than on cpu and gpu, much thicker consistency. Replacing thermal paste on CPU and GPU did not help.

Jun 21, 2019
So did you change the thermal paste on the mosfets?If so, what thermal paste did you use, because its different than on cpu and gpu, much thicker consistency. Replacing thermal paste on CPU and GPU did not help.
I repasted the CPU and GPU and MOSFETS with (artic mx 4 2019),also i played a bit with msi afterburner and XTU intel.In games max temp of CPU dont go above 70-73C,and GPU 70-76C

Status
Not open for further replies.