Hi All, I need suugestn on bying a laptop for programming/devlopment

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrek16

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
Hi All,

I researching to buy an high perfomane laptop to do some programming/devlopment in big data.
I want my laptop to be a single node cluster.Where i can run my haddop code.

Or else if it is not possible will use cloud via oracle VM to run my hadoop code.

I would be instaling hadoop & will run mapreduce programs on it.

1)Hard disk :- 256 gb ssd/hdd or more
2)Processor :- i5 or i7
3)RAM:- 8 gb or more

The baove 3 are the most important factors that impact my buying.

Please suggest and let me knwo if i need to add any other factors that impact my buying!

Thanks
Srikanth Arasavalli

Solution
For development work I like the Lenovo corporate models, T, X and W (now the P) models. They have very good driver and application support. Depending on what your size and video card needs are like. The all around ones would be T, can be had with better video cards, mid-size screens. X are smaller, P and W models are workstations that can take more RAM and have Quadro video cards, and larger screens. If you want to keep the system for a decent amount of time and want to have good RAM options, I'd look at the P models. The lower ones are about the top range of your budget. Look for a real quad core CPU not the dual core models.

The gaming class laptops are also OK, MSI, ASUS ROG, etc..

rgd1101

Don't

any budget?

shrek16

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
any budget ?
@rgd1101

Right nowi am between 700 USD to 1200 USD.
But will go up if it is required.

I have MAC with 4gb RAm , it is not enough and that is the reason i am trying to buy a new laptop!
Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for replying

For development work I like the Lenovo corporate models, T, X and W (now the P) models. They have very good driver and application support. Depending on what your size and video card needs are like. The all around ones would be T, can be had with better video cards, mid-size screens. X are smaller, P and W models are workstations that can take more RAM and have Quadro video cards, and larger screens. If you want to keep the system for a decent amount of time and want to have good RAM options, I'd look at the P models. The lower ones are about the top range of your budget. Look for a real quad core CPU not the dual core models.

The gaming class laptops are also OK, MSI, ASUS ROG, etc..

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.