Hi every body

foxoz

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello,
ihave windows 8 my lpatop is acer aspire E1-531, I am trying to install windows 7 but boot manager wont show me dvd boot !! it show me only network boot what can i do to be able to boot from dvd

servis-komputer

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

change bios to make dvd drive boot first

windows 8

Windows 8 uses an abbreviated Hibernate to achieve fast boot, and the Function keys are not always available when you power on...
@ Servis Komputer - that means it's hard to get into BIOS!

On your BIOS Main sceen, set F12 Boot Menu to 'Enable', then choose F10 to save changes. You should then see F12 on your screen when you power on.
XWVto.png

Manual for your Laptop
http://www.manualowl.com/m/Acer%20Computers/Aspire-E1-531/Manual/298658

foxoz

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
when i press f12 it comes but what it does not coming to boot from dvd or usb it comes all the time to boot from netwrok and from hardware itself it show me that in
(Boot Manager )
1. windows Boot Manager < Hitachi HTS547575A9E384>
2. Network Boot - IPV4: B8-88-E3-C2-ED-BC
3. -Netowrk Boot-IPV6: B8-88-E3-C2-ED-BC

What do you see in the Boot Page in BIOS? Should look like this:-
77FyV.png

You should be able to move the CD/DVD to top of the list

foxoz

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
i swear i did it i made cd/dvd first and usb second but still does not show up some body told me to select an UEFI file as trusted for executing in the security beside boot but i can press it am not allowed to prees it at all icant get it anyway to get it please

foxoz

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

i swear i did it i made cd/dvd first and usb second but still does not show up some body told me to select an UEFI file as trusted for executing in the security beside boot but i can press it am not allowed to prees it at all icant get it anyway to get it please

Can't find any reference to UEFI in the manual.
Try opening the Main Page in BIOS and change the SATA Mode to IDE instead of AHCI and see if that makes a difference

foxoz

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
i try it nothing happens also ,, but why i cant acces the select an UEFI file as trusted for executing in the security beside boot maybe if acces it and press it it well works any idea how to acces it !!

Trouble is I don't know what version of Acer he has, it appears some ship with UEFI and others plain old BIOS. The Manual only gives reference to the BIOS pages, so can't see the page where UEFI is enabled/disabled...

Hi :)

He needs to post pics of ALL Bios pages...

All the best Brett :)

Foxoz, can't find any reference to UEFI anywhere but in the BIOS downloads, so unable to advise you any further, unless you can post pictures of your BIOS/UEFI pages to show what you're trying to do...Seems you need to disable UEFI if you have it in order to boot normally. Others trying to install Ubuntu have downloaded earlier BIOS versions, can you post which version you have ? Downloads here
http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?modelId=4097

foxoz

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
ok the UEFI i change it to legacy bios but to disable it cant see where and secure boot i see it but icant acess it any key to press it to acces it !! its turnedoff cant do anything to it