[SOLVED] Hi everyone. Is deep cool de500w enough for gtx 660 2gb and athlon x4 760k?

Mar 2, 2021
So i have ordered a deepcool de500w that says rated power of 350w and peak power is 500w. The gtx 660 requires a minimum of 450w and 500w max and the athlon x4 760k tdp is 100w. Is it enough to power both? Thank you

Solution
The GPU power draw you're speaking of is with the entire system powered up and taxed. If you add overclocking, that will be slightly higher. For the sake of peace of mind, you're advised to get a 550W PSU or higher in order to hold onto the unit for a longer period. As for the unit itself, do you have access to other brands or units where you're located?

Lutfij

Titan
The GPU power draw you're speaking of is with the entire system powered up and taxed. If you add overclocking, that will be slightly higher. For the sake of peace of mind, you're advised to get a 550W PSU or higher in order to hold onto the unit for a longer period. As for the unit itself, do you have access to other brands or units where you're located?

Solution
Mar 2, 2021

Thank you, It is a secondhand psu and I have no other options because of no funds. my current psu has issue that every time I turn on it shuts down immediately many times and its a 600w korean psu. I ordered the de500w (only 350w rated power and 500w max)because I tried my friend's same psu but I didnt notice that my friend's power supply is de600w with rated power of 450w and max of 600w. Now the item is on delivery and cancelling is not allowed.

also I will only overclock my cpu for 4.1Ghz (default is 3.8Ghz) and make my ram set to 1600Mhz. I wont overclock the gpu

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
There's no "only" overclock for a junk PSU. Run it at stock. Not running a junk PSU would be best, but if you must run it, don't do anything to tax it more than you need to. If you don't have money to use a proper PSU, I'm guessing you don't have money to replace the rest of your parts.

And it's not even really a 350W PSU either; it can only output 300 watts of +12V power.

Reactions: Help6546
Mar 2, 2021
t
There's no "only" overclock for a junk PSU. Run it at stock. Not running a junk PSU would be best, but if you must run it, don't do anything to tax it more than you need to. If you don't have money to use a proper PSU, I'm guessing you don't have money to replace the rest of your parts.

And it's not even really a 350W PSU either; it can only output 300 watts of +12V power.
thank you, but can I atleast set my ram speed to what the ram's speed tho?

DSzymborski

Titan
t

thank you, but can I atleast set my ram speed to what the ram's speed tho?

That shouldn't be a problem. RAM doesn't use power to anywhere near to the degree that a CPU or GPU does or in the same way. But really, really don't overclock the CPU.

I'm also a little unsure why you asked the question after you could no longer not purchase the PSU. It's not just low wattage, it's extremely low quality construction as well. We might have been able to find you something at least a little less junky for the same price.