Question Hi folks, back to the very casual MMO game world, need Display tips.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
So, first hello and ty for having me here. So I took a 2 year hiatus from the PC-Mac, MMO/gaming,etc world due to moving/money issues and now I just have an All-In-One PC and a Laptop. One has A Intel HD and the other an Intel UHD (not sure the different between UHD/HD) anyway if I buy a 1080p versus a 1080p ULTRA wide monitor will my graphics card even run those? I will try to give more info as I am asked/told,etc. TY again. :)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, low system memory and the lowest Intel graphics from that generation.

It will certainly run 1080p or 1080p ultrawides, but the gaming experience is going to be pretty basic unless you are playing very much older games. You might need to reduce the resolution which defeats the point somewhat of the higher resolution panels.

A little slower than your typical GT710, which, though terrible, at least has its own memory. With only 4GB, and at least 512MB consumed by the iGPU, if not more, you don't have a lot left over for Windows and a game.

If you can, I suggest getting another 4GB of memory at least.

You can get pretty much any 1080p screen, but be prepared to be running at 720p.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021

It will certainly run 1080p or 1080p ultrawides, but the gaming experience is going to be pretty basic unless you are playing very much older games. You might need to reduce the resolution which defeats the point somewhat of the higher resolution panels.

A little slower than your typical GT710, which, though terrible, at least has its own memory. With only 4GB, and at least 512MB consumed by the iGPU, if not more, you don't have a lot left over for Windows and a game.

You can get pretty much any 1080p screen, but be prepared to be running at 720p.

Actually as odd/stupid as it sounds that sounds FINE!!!! I am so used to playing older or even some newer games on ultra ultra low settings. I am not one to care about graphics as long as they are 2002+ lol. Anyway ty vm for the info/reply! :)

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021

I am afraid to make another thread so, any chance since I gave you all those specs if Diablo 2 Resurrected will work? I sure don't want to buy it and not be able too by the way Diablo 3 does work really well! so i have hope :)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You just barely meet the minimum specs for D3, they specify Intel HD4000, which the newer Intel HD610 just about matches. And only 4GB of memory required.

As for DII Resurrected:
8GB of system memory minimum, so that would be a big hurdle.
i3-3250 is a third gen dual core quad thread, your Celeron is a plain dual core even if it is a bit newer.
2GB GTX660 or HD7850.

Without a discrete GPU I don't think there is much chance of running it. Having seen the early previews it looks pretty graphically challenging, though I've not seen it without all the graphics turned down.

Diablo II itself on the other, probably would run fine. I still play it and there are plenty of mods out there to keep it fresh.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
You just barely meet the minimum specs for D3, they specify Intel HD4000, which the newer Intel HD610 just about matches. And only 4GB of memory required.

As for DII Resurrected:
8GB of system memory minimum, so that would be a big hurdle.
i3-3250 is a third gen dual core quad thread, your Celeron is a plain dual core even if it is a bit newer.
2GB GTX660 or HD7850.

Without a discrete GPU I don't think there is much chance of running it. Having seen the early previews it looks pretty graphically challenging, though I've not seen it without all the graphics turned down.

Diablo II itself on the other, probably would run fine. I still play it and there are plenty of mods out there to keep it fresh.

thank you for helping, i will wait until i hear more...or get a better PC :).

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021

are curved monitors any diff. requirement wise for GPU's then Ultra wides?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No, all that matters is resolution for GPU performance. Curved monitors exist to produce a more even color accuracy, particularly on VA type panels.

Higher refresh rate allows you to display more frames per second smoothly. You can exceed the refresh rate of a monitor, but it will produce screen tearing where partial frames are drawn to the monitor.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
No, all that matters is resolution for GPU performance. Curved monitors exist to produce a more even color accuracy, particularly on VA type panels.

Higher refresh rate allows you to display more frames per second smoothly. You can exceed the refresh rate of a monitor, but it will produce screen tearing where partial frames are drawn to the monitor.

ok i getcha...very helpful my friend!

logainofhades

Titan
i do actually WoW, Tomb Raider, DDO, Neverwinter,etc....

How are you able to stand WoW, on that? WoW classic I could see being ok, but not retail. My old GT 540m equipped laptop is similar, in performance, to that IGP, and it is a slideshow, on low, at 720p. Classic, what little I played, was pretty flawless, but retail, even during legion, was a terrible experience. It hasn't done well since Cata, maybe MoP.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
How are you able to stand WoW, on that? WoW classic I could see being ok, but not retail. My old GT 540m equipped laptop is similar, in performance, to that IGP, and it is a slideshow, on low, at 720p. Classic, what little I played, was pretty flawless, but retail, even during legion, was a terrible experience. It hasn't done well since Cata, maybe MoP.

I'm on Disability so I have been used to very slow frame rate,etc since PC's earliest days...hehe...and yes its Classic I am playing atm.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I ran WoW Cataclysm on an AMD e350 once (whopping 18W of power). I think I settled on 1152x864 and low or medium settings. It was just an experiment. But it ran the overworld just fine.

HD610 is a lot faster than the HD6310 in that thing.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
it really doesn't matter what GPU/CPU,etc...on any MMO or anygame...as long as the card is working to the liking that you can tolerate...we're all different and come from different incomes and backgrounds.

Reactions: lordmogul

logainofhades

Titan
Like I said earlier, Classic, with your setup, is just fine. My little sandy bridge i5, and GT 540m handled classic quite well. I used to run ultra settings, on it, back in Cata. Shadowlands, I highly doubt would be playable though. They really upped the requirements, for that one.