Question Hi guys i have 100% cpu usage always any game.

Mar 3, 2019
any game i run my cpu goes to 100% usage always like any game and its kills my discord if i talk to some1 lagging, kills browser cant listen to music etc. why its happening?

i7 4790k
gtx 1080 ti
1600mhz ram 16gb
z97p-d3
450W superflower

What resolution are you gaming at?
What FPS are you getting?
What actual games are you running?
What is your cpu usage before opening the game but with everything else running that you use?

Also that psu is far too lower wattage to safely run a 1080Ti. You are just waiting for it to fail and take out other parts with it.

Mar 3, 2019
Uhm last time i played Civilization VI
https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/art...lization-VI-Rise-and-Fall-System-Requirements
1920x1080 i dont touch the game settings
Also playing forza horizon 4 ( the game did the graph settings with "seeing my pc" ) and if im playing forza icant listen music or anything cuz its just freeze and in forza the object dont load if i go fast the fps is good i dont lagg in any game only in forza object dont load
http://prntscr.com/n8lu82 this is how it looks like if i dont do anything just opera ( sry for bad english! )

Its cuz low psu?

Last edited:
At 1080p the gpu is capable of far more FPS than the cpu can produce. Your cpu is outperformed by modern i5’s and slower DDR3 probably isn’t helping.

Try putting a frame limiter on each game, this will prevent the gpu calling more frames than the cpu can produce. You will need to experiment with the value of the frame cap, maybe start at 100. What Hz is your monitor?

Mar 3, 2019
At 1080p the gpu is capable of far more FPS than the cpu can produce. Your cpu is outperformed by modern i5’s and slower DDR3 probably isn’t helping.

Try putting a frame limiter on each game, this will prevent the gpu calling more frames than the cpu can produce. You will need to experiment with the value of the frame cap, maybe start at 100. What Hz is your monitor?
My monitor is 140hz but dont have g-sync its a benq xl2430t ( i wanted to upgarde cuz i have this things like 4 5 years for now under gpu i just bought the gpu like half year, but i dont have money for it now to upgrade)

My monitor is 140hz but dont have g-sync its a benq xl2430t ( i wanted to upgarde cuz i have this things like 4 5 years for now under gpu i just bought the gpu like half year, but i dont have money for it now to upgrade)
Well try capping your FPS at 100, then if that helps try raising the cap a little at a time until you start having problems. Then go back to the last cap with no issues.

If the games don’t have frame limiter you can use a program like MSIAfterburner.

You also need to change that psu. Although decent quality 450w is not enough to safely run a 1080Ti. You really want a good quality 600w to have safe headroom. At 450w you are seriously risking psu failure, there is a chance this is even related to your gpu problems.

Mar 3, 2019
nothing can be wrong with this psu? like it cant be ruin?
Well try capping your FPS at 100, then if that helps try raising the cap a little at a time until you start having problems. Then go back to the last cap with no issues.

If the games don’t have frame limiters you can use a program like MSIAfterburner.

You also need to change that psu. Although decent quality 450w is not enough to safely run a 1080Ti. You really want a good quality 600w to have safe headroom. At 450w you are seriously risking psu failure, there is a chance this is even related to your gpu problems.
What u mean with psu failure what is it like what can happen ? its a golden 450w supoerflower psu

nothing can be wrong with this psu? like it cant be ruin?

What u mean with psu failure what is it like what can happen ? its a golden 450w supoerflower psu
If a psu is struggling to provide sufficient power a system can suffer random issues or become unstable. Your failing to load textures could be a random issue.

When a psu fails it can damage other components. This risk is reduced by using higher quality psu’s like yours but there is still a risk.

Mar 3, 2019
If a psu is struggling to provide sufficient power a system can suffer random issues or become unstable. Your failing to load textures could be a random issue.

When a psu fails it can damage other components. This risk is reduced by using higher quality psu’s like yours but there is still a risk.
What psu u recommended for me like in a year or so i want to upgrade i watching AMD new cpu-s like ryzen 7 3700x is looking good but i will need a new motherboard ofc. ddr4 rams but i have no idea what should i choose, What u think what should i aim?

What psu u recommended for me like in a year or so i want to upgrade i watching AMD new cpu-s like ryzen 7 3700x is looking good but i will need a new motherboard ofc. ddr4 rams but i have no idea what should i choose, What u think what should i aim?
You have a high end gpu and looking to build a high end system with the 3700x. This deserves a high quality psu. This is a great option in the UK (not sure where you are) https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650...sli-crossfire-single-rail-54a-120mm-fan-atx-p

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Wow, 450watts isn't enough for a 1080ti and core i7. Nvidia recommends a minimum 600w power supply for a system with a 1080ti.

Your CPU might be pulling clock speed due to low power, that's probably why you're at 100% usage.

Thats not how this works, the system would crash. In fact it sounds like hes getting crashes, so you are otherwise correct he needs a 650w PSU, and it will then at least not crash.

Mar 3, 2019
Thats not how this works, the system would crash. In fact it sounds like hes getting crashes, so you are otherwise correct he needs a 650w PSU, and it will then at least not crash.
Uhm my forza horizon 4 crashed no other game and forza horizon 4 is love to crash so i dont feel any crash problem in other games or blue death and things like that just my CPU is 100% everygame like srsly every game under csgo at csgo its like 70 80 %

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Uhm my forza horizon 4 crashed no other game and forza horizon 4 is love to crash so i dont feel any crash problem in other games or blue death and things like that just my CPU is 100% everygame like srsly every game under csgo at csgo its like 70 80 %

Like I said I'm surprised but not totally Supeflower makes a good PSU with good protections. That said running it at the top like that is NOT a good idea, it can only take that abuse for so long before it dies, so you do need to replace it.

You spent $600 on a GPU you can afford $80 on a proper PSU to power it.

As for the 100% useage, power it properly then see where it goes. With a 4790k I'm not surprised modern games run at 100%. Should still play well.

Mar 3, 2019
Like I said I'm surprised but not totally Supeflower makes a good PSU with good protections. That said running it at the top like that is NOT a good idea, it can only take that abuse for so long before it dies, so you do need to replace it.

You spent $600 on a GPU you can afford $80 on a proper PSU to power it.

As for the 100% useage, power it properly then see where it goes. With a 4790k I'm not surprised modern games run at 100%. Should still play well.
I bought this pc like 4 5 years ago had a 970 before 1080 ti i wanted to do a huge pc upgrade but it will take time and i started with the gpu thats why its looks like this now but ofc i will replace everything in time but its like i playing apex legends with freinds whos cpu dont even close to be 100% but my cpu stuck at 100% and dont move down and cuz of it discord talk is lagg for me youtube music freeze and things like that