Hi guys, i have a quick question about the memory RAM

Mar 25, 2018
I actually have 8GB 2x4 3600 DDR4 LPX Corsair C18, i have another 2 sticks from the same brand, Corsair LPX 2x4gb DDR4 C15 but the frequencie is 3000mhz not 3600, my motherboard is the Asus maximus hero VIII, will it affect if i install this 2 more sticks being a pair from a different frequencie? i really need to have 16gn of ram cus some games need it, HELPPPP

Solution
Make sure each set stays in their own channel and it should work. However: the motherboard should automatically underclock the channel with faster RAM to match the slower RAM.

No guarantees, since not all motherboards do this; but I hear that most of the newer and more expensive ones do.

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
Make sure each set stays in their own channel and it should work. However: the motherboard should automatically underclock the channel with faster RAM to match the slower RAM.

No guarantees, since not all motherboards do this; but I hear that most of the newer and more expensive ones do.

Solution
Mar 10, 2018
Good afternoon.
In principle, it is not necessary that everyone should have the same frequency. All will work with the same frequency, in your case, the most low-ridden among them.
For reliability, you can include them in different channels, which does not always work on new motherboards running Intel chipsets.
If the memory strips 2x2 can safely install on your computer, but that would have the same standing in the slots of the same color.
Just in case, check the latest BIOS version on the motherboard before installing.