[SOLVED] Hi guys I wanna know that if PSU 700watt 80plus silver is good for GTX 1080ti and amd ryzen 7 2700x?

Jul 1, 2020
Hi guys I wanna know that if PSU 700watt 80plus silver is good for GTX 1080ti and amd ryzen 7 2700x?

I have been using this psu with gtx 760 and i5 3rd gen from 2014 with no issues and but now am into game dev want to upgrade to gtx 1080ti and amd ryzen 7 2700x with 32gb 2400mhz ram. SO can u guys tell me that is this psu good for this specs. Thx in advance.

Solution
I also would not be inclined to use a middling PSU of this age with this hardware.

Also, spend the tiny bit extra -- RAM is cheap right now -- and get at least 3000 MHz RAM. The RAM speed actually matters in Ryzen and 2400 MHz is slower than continental shift in a build like this.
I don't think you are going to be fine, my research points that it is one of FSP's older design, which is no bueno when it comes to pairing with new high end hardware. I would consider replacing it.

I could be wrong though. Can you post its label here so I can have a look?

DSzymborski

Titan
I also would not be inclined to use a middling PSU of this age with this hardware.

Also, spend the tiny bit extra -- RAM is cheap right now -- and get at least 3000 MHz RAM. The RAM speed actually matters in Ryzen and 2400 MHz is slower than continental shift in a build like this.

Solution
Jul 1, 2020

Ok thx for ur reply. When i serch the MHZ thing in ureal engine 4 forum they said that Mhz will not do that much difference. Still i will consider ur quote to my list. And i wanna ask if i try to test the gpu with my psu. Will it heart the gpu just by switching it on. I dont play games that much, which i used to, the only games i play right now is dota 2 and r6s other than that i do gideo editing and game deving. Because u know that after upgrading to 3000mhz and changing psu will also cost me. Can u recommend me what PSU i should go for if i wanna.