[SOLVED] Hi, I am looking to update my PC.

Oct 3, 2020
At the moment I have an Asrock Z370 pro4 motherboard, an i5-8400 stock cooler, 16GB single stick of Crucial 16GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2666Mhz CL16 1.2V ( currently out of stock ). I want to first update my CPU and RAM. I want to buy the i7-9700K with NOCTUA CPU Cooler NH-U12S chromax.black and another 16 GB stick to add to the Crucial I have. Question - Is the Cooler enough for the processor ( not planning to overclock just for now but you never know ) and can I use a 16 GB of this memory Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16, because the Crucial Ballistix Sport are out of stock where I live ? Thank you

Oct 2, 2020
This article gives it a 10/10, and rates it to cool just fine at 5GHz on all cores, so I think you'll be fine with the cooler. https://latestintech.com/noctua-nh-u12s-chromax-black-cpu-cooler-review/ Stock coolers are usually worse than an aftermarket cooler. People said some good things about this one.

It's best to use the same brands of RAM, but if you're matching speed and size, and they're both compatible with your mobo, you should be fine.

Reactions: Bombashka233
Solution