Hi I have an overheating sony vaio just from web browsing and playing music, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick_104

Prominent
May 12, 2017
I v had it 3 years no problems up till now, its a sve1513b4f,I5, 6 gb ram, 2.60 ghz, 500 gn free memory Recently the battery died and I barely if ever used the battery, right now its constantly overheating the fans on full when all I have running is this web page, recently got an external sound card don't know if that's a factor, its booting up very slowly, Recently I got a message to repair drivers on the c drive which I did, still booted up very slowly after, I have had it on for hours on end everyday for music and surfing the web, please advice what I can do to repair, a system restore or clean out the fan?

Solution
Have you tried opening it up and cleaning out all the dust and debris? That should help.

If that isn't enough, I would look into replacing the thermal paste. Should that not do it, the fan(s) may need replacing.

In the end, should that not do it, you may need to replace other components. I would start with the above though.
Have you tried opening it up and cleaning out all the dust and debris? That should help.

If that isn't enough, I would look into replacing the thermal paste. Should that not do it, the fan(s) may need replacing.

In the end, should that not do it, you may need to replace other components. I would start with the above though.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.