Question Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung 870 EVO SSD to upgrade from a HDD. I have win 10 on a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R and I get a blue screen problem

Dec 1, 2021
Hi,
I recently purchased a Samsung 870 EVO SSD to upgrade from a HDD. I have win 10 on a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R and I get a blue screen you have a problem that ends up in a loop. I'm not sure where in the BIOS I would go to change it.

Dec 2, 2021
Just did the exact same with a P6T X58 motherboard. Check the BIOS to change Boot Disk Priority to the SSD. First had to make the SSD 1st drive in the Boot settings under drives (SSD got added originally in BIOS as last drive, and unselectable for Boot priority).

Looking at your manual, after entering BIOS using DEL at bootup, here are the settings to change:
2-5 Advanced BIOS Features CMOS Setup Utility-Copyright (C) 1984-2009 Award Software Advanced BIOS Features
Hard Disk Boot Priority [Press Enter]
Hard Disk Boot Priority Specifies the sequence of loading the operating system from the installed hard drives. Use the up or down arrow key to select a hard drive, then press the plus key <+> (or ) or the minus key <-> (or ) to move it up or down on the list. Press to exit this menu when finished.
First/Second/Third Boot Device Specifies the boot order from the available devices. Use the up or down arrow key to select a device and press to accept. Options are: Floppy, LS120, Hard Disk, CDROM, ZIP, USB-FDD, USB-ZIP, USB-CDROM, USB-HDD, Legacy LAN, Disabled.
Manual downloaded from Gigabyte
https://download1.gigabyte.com/Files/Manual/mb_manual_ga-x58a-ud3r_e.pdf

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021
how many ssd/hdd do you have before this 870 evo ssd?
did you clone all the partition from the hdd to this 870 evo?
I have one HDD that I changed the order in the BIOS from first to after the SSD drive and I received the blue screen error 9xc000007b. The computer then basically goes into a reboot loop. I saw on another post about SATA controller mode needed to be ACHI. I tried changing it where I thought it should be changed and ended up stuck at "verifying DMI Pool Data" where it wouldn't go beyond that point. At that point I rebooted and made the HDD the one drive again and changed back the ACHI setting so it would actually work.

Dec 1, 2021
Just did the exact same with a P6T X58 motherboard. Check the BIOS to change Boot Disk Priority to the SSD. First had to make the SSD 1st drive in the Boot settings under drives (SSD got added originally in BIOS as last drive, and unselectable for Boot priority).

Looking at your manual, after entering BIOS using DEL at bootup, here are the settings to change:
2-5 Advanced BIOS Features CMOS Setup Utility-Copyright (C) 1984-2009 Award Software Advanced BIOS Features
Hard Disk Boot Priority [Press Enter]
Hard Disk Boot Priority Specifies the sequence of loading the operating system from the installed hard drives. Use the up or down arrow key to select a hard drive, then press the plus key <+> (or ) or the minus key <-> (or ) to move it up or down on the list. Press to exit this menu when finished.
First/Second/Third Boot Device Specifies the boot order from the available devices. Use the up or down arrow key to select a device and press to accept. Options are: Floppy, LS120, Hard Disk, CDROM, ZIP, USB-FDD, USB-ZIP, USB-CDROM, USB-HDD, Legacy LAN, Disabled.
Manual downloaded from Gigabyte
https://download1.gigabyte.com/Files/Manual/mb_manual_ga-x58a-ud3r_e.pdf
I did change the boot order as you described it and then received the blue screen error 0xc000007b