Hi! I want to buy a graphic card to play games like rome total war2 and maybe some online mmo games

Nov 18, 2014
Hi i need to buy a Graphic card to play games like rome total war2 and other mmo games
So.
I have a foxconn INT-941 motherboard
intel pentium dual cpu e2140 1.6 ghz processor
2GB ram

Plz suggest me a video card which would work best. My budget is also low. Plz help

Solution

DanH29

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
If you are looking for the best bang for the buck in 1080P full-screen gaming, then i would certainly do the following:
1. Upgrade ram to at least 12Gb DDR 3
2. Upgrade GPU to a AMD Radeon R9 270X
3. If your CPU supports integrated Graphics, disabled it it Device manager/graphics adapters (only do this once you have a Dedicated GPU)

correction

8gb ram

270x or gtx760 (donot be biased)

donot disable integrated gpu if you have it.. it may use the dedicated gpu for screen rendering which increases power consumption

DanH29

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014

That seems fair but now that i think of it, a better processor may be needed with a GPU like any of the above, i don't know about you but a new PC entirely may be worth it...Before you know windows 7 is going obsolete!

And Blacksheep, i did not mention the 760 because No offense but NVIDIA tends of over price there gpus...
Amd's best GPU is 2 times better than NVIDIA and Costs Half as much.

yes it would.. but it is fine for online games

i5 would be nice..or a core 2 quad

your mobo is lga775
it supports a core 2 quad cpu
get a refurbished one

DanH29

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014

Like i said, a think a new PC may be the way to go. Knowing that tech is always growing, if your not going for at least an i5 for a gaming PC, it may not be worth it at all...But here is a recommendation, google the Dell XPS 8700. That is the PC i have and i put R9 270X in it and know i have three displays and play most games an high settings across all displays...The rest is up to you, Prithviraj Chowdhury!

Solution