[SOLVED] Hi i would like to know which would perform better in terms of using it for gaming. i mostly play WoW BFA.

Aug 6, 2019
Option 1:
MSI A320M PRO-M2 AMD Ryzen Motherboard.
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 35MB GameCache Up to 4.2GHz CPU.
Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ram .
Gtx 970 G1 graphic card

Or option 2:
MSI B360M Bazooka Intel Motherboard.
Intel 9th Gen Core i5 9400F Up to 4.1GHz CPU.
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x 16GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Gaming Memory.
Gtx 970 G1 graphic card.

Which of the 2 would be better in terms of fps?

Solution
"i just see that the amd processor is a lot more powerful "
This is true.
Those two CPUs aren't even in the same ballpark.

The AMD is going to be a better CPU for the future.

....as far as overclocking....I don't overclock. I just buy CPUs and GPUs that are fast enough to do what I need them to do.

They run cooler this way.

....and perhaps...may last longer because they run cooler.

....plus there is the extra time you have to spend to OC.

....and that AMD CPU is so fast.....I can't imagine you needing to OC it for games at least.
Aug 6, 2019
I think they will perform nearly the same.
I think the GTX 970 is the limiting factor.
Both CPUs are very fast and I don't expect they would hold the GPU back at all.
thank you for the reply. i just see that the amd processor is a lot more powerful than the intel one although the intels motherboard is a lot better, do you think i should go for the choice of the better motherboard or better processor? cause im also planning on overclocking the cpu which only the amd can do, or would the better motherboard still be a better option to go for? (if lets say i upgraded my gpu and it wasnt a limiting factor)

This is true.

....as far as overclocking....I don't overclock. I just buy CPUs and GPUs that are fast enough to do what I need them to do.

....and that AMD CPU is so fast.....I can't imagine you needing to OC it for games at least.

Solution
Aug 6, 2019
This is true.

Oh alright you make a good point, I have a case with RGB fans and i dont see any RGB ports on the AMD motherboard, not sure if I'm not just missing something but that drives me towards the Intel set, so I think I'll just go Intel, thank you for the help but you're right, no need to overclock, I just need a stronger GPU if I really want more fps, overclocking will only get me 2 or 3 more fps at the end of the day

Oh alright you make a good point, I have a case with RGB fans and i dont see any RGB ports on the AMD motherboard, not sure if I'm not just missing something but that drives me towards the Intel set, so I think I'll just go Intel, thank you for the help but you're right, no need to overclock, I just need a stronger GPU if I really want more fps, overclocking will only get me 2 or 3 more fps at the end of the day
I've worked in electronics for 35 years and have seen what heat does to electronics.
This is one reason I don't overclock.