[SOLVED] Hi! I'm building a gaming pc for the first time in nearly a decade. Need some help! Thnx!!!

camhov

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2014
I built my gaming pc back in 2013 and it's fared well over the years. You folks actually helped build it! But alas all good things must come to an end. I poured tea down the vent and now it crashes often, hoping it doesn't crash as I type this. I want to use something like Ibuypower or a similar site and buy a pre-made computer.

I understand the market is terrible right now for this but I still really want to get a new comp to celebrate my 30th birthday in a couple hours. My budget is around 1500 with some flexibility. I already have 16gb of ram in my pc that I should be able to reuse.

Thank you guys so much for helping!
-Cameron

Solution
Sound like a plan to build a new pc, and by that I would put it on the build and select parts for it yourself, I wouldn't use salvaged ram from a pc that currently has errors, might just bring the errors to the new build with that idea...

Its a bit more work to self assemble, but in the end you get way better stability and performance.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Sound like a plan to build a new pc, and by that I would put it on the build and select parts for it yourself, I wouldn't use salvaged ram from a pc that currently has errors, might just bring the errors to the new build with that idea...

Its a bit more work to self assemble, but in the end you get way better stability and performance.

Reactions: straightawaykid
Solution
1500 is a great budget so long as you aren't including peripherals and monitors in it.
My signature has a build that can be a good starting reference for you. 3080s are hard to find so you may have to wait a bit on that component unless you get a prebuilt that includes one.