Question Hi! I'm having a lot of problems installing my new graphics card and I need to use my computer to work

Apr 24, 2020
I was very excited to purchase the MSI Ventus RTX 2070 Super, it was a major improvement from my 3gb GTX 1060. I unboxed the new gpu making very sure to be careful and precise. I did a clean uninstall of my old GPU and the installed the new GPU. I plugged the HDMI cable into the GPU and to my horror there was no signal. I carefully swapped different cables (HDMI and Display Port), yet there was still no signal. I turned to YouTube. Youtube had me reinstall the old GPU. After reinstalling the new GPU there was red lines all throughout the display, google told me that this might have been artifacting. I opened my device manager and disabled the 1060. I reinstalled the new GPU and there was still no signal. I tried both PCI-E ports. Ok, I thought. Maybe I should go into the BIOS. I reinstalled the old 1060 and got no signal. I uninstalled the 1060 and tried using just the integrated motherboard graphics. No signal. I have no idea what the problem is and I am freaking out. I'm not sure if anybody has had this problem before. I could really use some help.

Thank you.