[SOLVED] Hi im just wondering if i did a good job picking up parts for my new system build ?

Solution
Yeah im trying to make it last at least 5 years before i have to upgrade again, so i jsut wanted to upgrade now and be good for the next few years. Are those parts gonna last me at least good 5 years before i have to upgrade again, or could there few changes be made?
The choices are fine but if you wanted to save some money here's a few suggestions...

-2080 ti > 2080 Super.
-32gb > 16gb.
-970 EVO NVMe M.2 > Intel 660P NVMe M.2.
-9900KF > AMD Ryzen 3600X or 3700X.

With the 9900KF 5 years should be easily achievable but it's hard to say what the requirements will be 5 years down the road.

WildCard999

Titan
Copy & post the permalink.

F4cMUPx.png

Reactions: rgd1101
Aug 27, 2019
It's a good system with high end parts and will perform well at that resolution/refresh rate. As long as your budget isn't a concern it will last awhile but if you need to lower the price there are some changes you can make.

Yeah im trying to make it last at least 5 years before i have to upgrade again, so i jsut wanted to upgrade now and be good for the next few years. Are those parts gonna last me at least good 5 years before i have to upgrade again, or could there few changes be made?

WildCard999

Titan
The choices are fine but if you wanted to save some money here's a few suggestions...

-2080 ti > 2080 Super.
-32gb > 16gb.

With the 9900KF 5 years should be easily achievable but it's hard to say what the requirements will be 5 years down the road.

Solution
Aug 27, 2019

-2080 ti > 2080 Super.
-32gb > 16gb.

Thank you so much!!! :D you've been a huge help and now i can breathe easy knowing its all good and i can just enjoy gaming on the new system :)

WildCard999

Titan
Your welcome!

The CPU cooler I'd mount on top as exhaust in that case and you can add in quite a few more fans in to improve airflow and put a bit more RGB into the build. If you do add more in I would do 3 120mm fans on the bottom as intake (with dust filters) & 3 120mm fans in on the side as intake as well.

If/when you decide to overclock that 9900KF I'd highly recommend you reading the Intel Temperature Guide by CompuTronix. It has pretty much everything you need to know about Intel CPU's, the software to do the overclocking & troubleshooting.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

Post pics here when it's build, I'd like to see how it turns out or post it in the Member System page.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/toms-hardware-member-system-gallery.1285475/

Aug 27, 2019
Your welcome!

The CPU cooler I'd mount on top as exhaust in that case and you can add in quite a few more fans in to improve airflow and put a bit more RGB into the build. If you do add more in I would do 3 120mm fans on the bottom as intake (with dust filters) & 3 120mm fans in on the side as intake as well.

If/when you decide to overclock that 9900KF I'd highly recommend you reading the Intel Temperature Guide by CompuTronix. It has pretty much everything you need to know about Intel CPU's, the software to do the overclocking & troubleshooting.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

Post pics here when it's build, I'd like to see how it turns out or post it in the Member System page.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/toms-hardware-member-system-gallery.1285475/
Thanks and will do :D