• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] hi like to know if i5-4670k is compatible with windows 10 pro

nikospc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
hello all ,

could you help if possible please, like to know if i5-4670k is compatible with windows 10 pro 64 bit,

thank you

Wolfshadw

Titan
It's not so much the processor, but the motherboard chip set that needs to be compatible. Each processor pairs with a specific set of motherboard chip sets. In the case of the Intel Core I5-4670K, it's compatible with the following Intel chip sets:

B85
H81
H97
Z87
Z97

Once you know the chip set, you find motherboards that use them and check to see if Windows 10 drivers are available for those motherboard. If drivers are provided, Windows 10 (home or pro) is supported.

Even if Windows 10 drivers are not provided, the basic Windows 10 drivers included with the OS may provide enough functionality for you.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: SamirD

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS