[SOLVED] Hi, my keyboard lagging/slowly responding

May 3, 2019
A couple of days ago, my keyboard started lagging not just in games but at all when I'm writing or in games and i cant play games correctly. I checked "easy access keys" and "turn on mouse keys" "turn on sticky keys" "turn on toggle keys" turn on filter keys" is unchecked that's what i have tried please help anything that could help at least a bit would be perfect and sorry for bad English :D

Solution
If both keyboards are sluggish and if the keyboards work on other keyboards then the problem is elsewhere.

E.g., power to keyboard, driver(s), some other conflicting app.

Update your post to include full hardware specs. 500 watts may not be enough to support your computer and especially so with respect to heavy gaming.

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor and, leaving the window open, work as you usually do. Try to do things that do not have a sluggish feel with respect to the keyboard. Watch the tool window.

Leave the window open but drag to one side. Then do things that result in sluggishness.

Again watch the tool for some changes(s). Some app launching, a failing update, a backup attempt, even a AV scan of some sort.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model keyboard? Age, condition?

Things you can do:

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine if some application or background process is slowing or bottlenecking performance.

Try Window's built-in troubleshooters. They may find and fix something.

Go to the keyboard's manufacturer's website and download, reinstall, and reconfigure the applicable keyboard drivers.

May 3, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model keyboard? Age, condition?

Things you can do:

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine if some application or background process is slowing or bottlenecking performance.

Try Window's built-in troubleshooters. They may find and fix something.

Go to the keyboard's manufacturer's website and download, reinstall, and reconfigure the applicable keyboard drivers.
So i didn't understood what should i do in Task manager or Resource monitor so i skipped this and tried troubleshooting it seems everything is fine there and drivers i downloaded it started working better but lagging/slow responding hasn't stopped
here my system hardware specs (imgur)
keyboard:
Model is Dell
5-10years (i dont know)
Condition is usable

And i have tried using other keyboard as well but exact same problem occurs

Ralston18

Titan
Windows 10 Home per the specs...

As for Task Manager and Resource History/Monitor what you should do is simply open and explore. Learn how to navigate about within the tool and get a sense of the information being presented. Both tools (and other available tools) are there to simply provide information about your system.

Reliability History/Manager will present error and warning information. Task Manager will tell you what is running and what resources are being used and to what extent. Event Viewer does much the same but is more cumbersome to use.

If the Dell PC is indeed 5 - 10 years old then the lagging may not be the keyboard per se. Especially if other keyboards are likewise sluggish.

Seems to be hinting at a PSU problem. Has the PSU ever been replaced?

What is the make, model, wattage, and age of the current PSU?

May 3, 2019
Windows 10 Home per the specs...

As for Task Manager and Resource History/Monitor what you should do is simply open and explore. Learn how to navigate about within the tool and get a sense of the information being presented. Both tools (and other available tools) are there to simply provide information about your system.

Reliability History/Manager will present error and warning information. Task Manager will tell you what is running and what resources are being used and to what extent. Event Viewer does much the same but is more cumbersome to use.

If the Dell PC is indeed 5 - 10 years old then the lagging may not be the keyboard per se. Especially if other keyboards are likewise sluggish.

Seems to be hinting at a PSU problem. Has the PSU ever been replaced?

What is the make, model, wattage, and age of the current PSU?
I'm not an expert in that stuff but I didn't noticed anything unusual in Task Manager or Recourse Monitor.

https://eu.coolermaster.com/en/power-supply/by-series/masterwatt-lite-230v-500w/
this is my PSU I changed it 3-4 months ago.

I don't think that even if both keyboards are sluggish that the same problem can occur on both keyboards but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
If both keyboards are sluggish and if the keyboards work on other keyboards then the problem is elsewhere.

E.g., power to keyboard, driver(s), some other conflicting app.

Update your post to include full hardware specs. 500 watts may not be enough to support your computer and especially so with respect to heavy gaming.

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor and, leaving the window open, work as you usually do. Try to do things that do not have a sluggish feel with respect to the keyboard. Watch the tool window.

Leave the window open but drag to one side. Then do things that result in sluggishness.

Again watch the tool for some changes(s). Some app launching, a failing update, a backup attempt, even a AV scan of some sort.

Solution
May 3, 2019
Well i tried everything out of there but nothing worked so i created another sign in on my windows and the problem expired so i did reset windows and it seems to be fixed
thank you :D