[SOLVED] Hi newby here my first question.Slow internet speed

Jan 10, 2021
Hope I am in the right area. The issue I have is that the internet speed is slow on two pc's we have but the third pc a chrome book the speed is good so the problem I assume must lie with the two other PC's our ISP talk talk have confirmed our connection is good. What can I do get the other two lap tops up to speed ?

Solution
Make and model router?

Only three devices: 2 laptops, 1 Chomebook - correct?

How slow is slow when comparing the Chrome book speed to the two laptop's speeds? What speeds are you seeing?

Does the problem occur if only one laptop is connected or only when both laptops are connected?

What connectivity is being used for each of the three computers? Wired or wireless?

Are the laptops used mobile - i.e., at other locations where they connect to another network either wired or wireless.

Ensure that only one network adapter i (either wired or wireless) is enabled on the laptops. Not both adapters at the same time.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model router?

Only three devices: 2 laptops, 1 Chomebook - correct?

How slow is slow when comparing the Chrome book speed to the two laptop's speeds? What speeds are you seeing?

Does the problem occur if only one laptop is connected or only when both laptops are connected?

What connectivity is being used for each of the three computers? Wired or wireless?

Are the laptops used mobile - i.e., at other locations where they connect to another network either wired or wireless.

Ensure that only one network adapter i (either wired or wireless) is enabled on the laptops. Not both adapters at the same time.

Solution
Ralston is correct i recently , i recently got 2 new pc and as they were custom built i did not realise that the mobos were set to wi-fi by default because the mobo had built in wi-fi.
when i cancelled the wi-fi defaults they worked better.

Have you used the keycode to lock your devices to your hub so that your connection cant be high jacked by somebody else.

Use this speed tester it is the most accurate one around

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test