[SOLVED] Hi, question about m.2 drives.

Mar 10, 2021
I recently built a new PC. This is my third build, so I'm not terribly experienced, but I know what I doing for the most part. Got all of the components installed, if you're interested they are: Ryzen 5600x, Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4, GB Auros Elite m-atx MB, Gamemax VP-600 PSU, WD SN550, Darkflash DLM21 case, and GTX 1070 (the one component I've put on hold and carried over the GPU from my last build, for obvious reasons). Anyway, I recently watched a youtube PC build video, and apparently the m.2 drive in the video had a protective film. This isn't something I even thought to look for when putting it together. I could open it up and check for myself, but that screw was REALLY tiny, and I didn't have a screwdriver small enough that also had a magnetic head. So can anyone familiar with this tell me if this is something that all m.2 drives have? Or more specifically my WD Blue SN550? Thanks in advance.

Solution
mine samsung got just sticker which said warranty void if removed, so i removed it, cleaned it and slaped thermal paste with heatsink on it xD
so for your question, not all drives have protective film
Mar 10, 2021
mine samsung got just sticker which said warranty void if removed, so i removed it, cleaned it and slaped thermal paste with heatsink on it xD
so for your question, not all drives have protective film
Clearly I have a lot to learn, lol But thank you.
The most I've seen on M.2 SSDs is a sticker over them. I think it's only there just to add some labeling (even though the other side of the board is bare most of the time...)
Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS