[SOLVED] Hi, quick question about summer and gaming temps 9900kf

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
Hello, since summer is coming up and I’m not really used to have such a powerful chip, was wondering what are acceptable gaming temps for the 9900kf. Mine is not overclocked and MCE is turned off. I do have 32gb of Corsair ram running at 3000mhz

I know keeping it under 80c for long term use is usually the goal. However I was just wanting to know what temp should I start trying to adjust things to make sure it’s kept cool.

For example. I haven’t hit anywhere near, but would 72c be the max before starting to say to myself, I should lower my ac etc?

tyvm.

Solution
As long as you're able to maintain an ambient room temperature below 80°F/26°C and have proper cooling installed on your processor, you shouldn't have any issues keeping your processor within normal operating temps.

-Wolf sends
I'd not be concerned below 80C, frankly....; which should not be an issue for all-core clock speeds of 'stock' all-core turbos of 4.6 GHz or so, assuming core voltage is not too high...

a quick run of CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU would likely give you typical gaming temps, for instance

(turn it off after a noting temps after 10-15 minutes)

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
I'd not be concerned below 80C, frankly....; which should not be an issue for all-core clock speeds of 'stock' all-core turbos of 4.6 GHz or so, assuming core voltage is not too high...

a quick run of CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU would likely give you typical gaming temps, for instance

(turn it off after a noting temps after 10-15 minutes)
I’ve done some testing when I first got my pc running. Temps never went above 84c in prime 95. Is that the type of benching you are talking about?

Wolfshadw

Titan
As long as you're able to maintain an ambient room temperature below 80°F/26°C and have proper cooling installed on your processor, you shouldn't have any issues keeping your processor within normal operating temps.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016

-Wolf sends
Yea that is what I try to do. I usually in the summer have an ambient of 77f. I’ll try to make sure I keep an eye on it.