Question Hi-Rez games not launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neublet

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2012
I am trying to play games like Paladins & Realm Royale on steam. I just purchased this new pc (was able to play on my older rig). This PC has an i5-11400f with 1660s 8gb of ram.

Things I have done to try to fix the issue
-Repair EAC,
-Disabled discord overlay
-Disabled Geforce Experience overlay
-Updated my drivers and all pc updates
-Tried the -fullscreen, -windowed, -safemode & -Dx9-use64 launch commands (not all at the same time)
-Tried disabling all security (firewall & Norton)
-Ran the game & steam as Admin
-Verified integrity of all files & reinstalled the game....twice.
-Also tried to launch the game without discord running

I have also launched Apex from Steam (apex also uses Easy Anti-Cheat) and it launches just fine. I downloaded Paladins and it didn't load that either (Paladins & Realm Royale are both done by Hi-Rez & Easy Anti-Cheat). I thought maybe it was an app on the new pc stopping it but that doesn't seem to be the case. I did a fresh install without any of the preinstalled apps and it still didn't work. I've tried to ask for advice on Realm Royale reddit and discord and no one seems to know (they have tried to help). I was told that it looks like I just cannot play...I cannot see how that's possible. Anyone have any suggestions?

Neublet

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2012
I looked at the event viewer and didn't see anything that said Realm Royale or anything that led me to believe the error was listed there. The game doesnt seem to have an error log (nothing pops up). I am thinking its an app messing with it, but I cant figure it out.

Feb 2, 2022
Thread is a little bit old but the solution is as below.

1. Navigate to the following folder:
<Steam Directory>\steamapps\common\Paladins\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat\Launcher
  1. Edit the Settings64.json (You will need a text editing software like Notepad for this task)
  2. Change 'Win64\\Paladins.exe' to 'Win32\\Paladins.exe'
  3. Save the file and attempt to launch the game.

Id love to know why but havn't found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.