[SOLVED] Hi rez scan insufficient memory problem Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkadet

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
I'm running a Win7 box with 16GB RAM. I'm trying to run hi rez scans back to back but after each scan the next one encounters and "insufficient memory" error. I then have to log out and log back in to be able to complete another scan. Is there any way I can fix this without having to log out? Thanks in advance for any help.

Xkadet

Solution
It's a plustek A320L flatbed scanner that comes with a proprietary software called DocuAction. I'm unaware of any alternatives that will work with this scanner....
It's both TWAIN and WIA compliant and will work with any software using either protocol. It sounds, from the initial description, that the included software has a serious memory leak.

xkadet

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
It's a plustek A320L flatbed scanner that comes with a proprietary software called DocuAction. I'm unaware of any alternatives that will work with this scanner....

It's both TWAIN and WIA compliant and will work with any software using either protocol. It sounds, from the initial description, that the included software has a serious memory leak.

Reactions: xkadet
Solution

xkadet

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Memory leak... You're talking way above my pay grade. So, it is possible that I could find other scanner software that would do the same thing as what I have, but without the "memory leak" hopefully. Ok, I'll get started looking.
Thanks much for your help on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.