Hi Speed USB 2.0 4 Port HUB

RE SONY PCV RZ16G with all 2.0 USB's/ Running XP with SP 2.
Device Manager as such
- Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Epson PCMCIA Storage Device
Generic USB Hub
Generic USB Hub
SIS 7001 PCI to USB open Host Controller
SIS 7001 PCI to USB open Host Controller
SIS 7001 PCI to USB open Host Controller
SIS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 ROOT HUB
USB printing Support
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
From this list of many, I am only running a few. A pick up for a remote to giga pocket, A creative Cam NX pro, an Epson printer 825, and a micro tec Scanner. Devices seem to work, but not sure if up to proper speed. There were six usb 2.0 on the computer, and the hub adds 4 more.
When loading hub for first time recieved the message high spede device plugged into a non High Speed port. (all USB's on my computer are USB 2.0.
USB Root Hub) How do I know if port is opperating properly and should I be alarmed with the error message? Is my hub working to proper High Speed?

Thanx Rockinhorse

bar

You have answered your own question 'high spede device plugged into a non High Speed port'. Thus it is not running in USB 2 mode.

Look for the Microsoft KB Article KB822603

Download size: 341 KB, < 1 minute

This update addresses the "Availability of the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 Update" issue in Windows XP and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 822603. Download now to install the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 update. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer

"RockinHorse" wrote:

> RE SONY PCV RZ16G with all 2.0 USB's/ Running XP with SP 2.
> Device Manager as such
> - Universal Serial Bus Controllers
> Epson PCMCIA Storage Device
> Generic USB Hub
> Generic USB Hub
> SIS 7001 PCI to USB open Host Controller
> SIS 7001 PCI to USB open Host Controller
> SIS 7001 PCI to USB open Host Controller
> SIS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
> USB 2.0 ROOT HUB
> USB printing Support
> USB Root Hub
> USB Root Hub
> USB Root Hub
> From this list of many, I am only running a few. A pick up for a remote to giga pocket, A creative Cam NX pro, an Epson printer 825, and a micro tec Scanner. Devices seem to work, but not sure if up to proper speed. There were six usb 2.0 on the computer, and the hub adds 4 more.
> When loading hub for first time recieved the message high spede device plugged into a non High Speed port. (all USB's on my computer are USB 2.0.
> USB Root Hub) How do I know if port is opperating properly and should I be alarmed with the error message? Is my hub working to proper High Speed?
>
> Thanx Rockinhorse

peter

Hi,

Are you sure all the USB hubs are USB 2.0?
Try different USB ports for the USB 2.0 devices.
You should not receive any warning messages if the USD 2.0 device is pluged into a USB 2.0 port, or make sure you are using a USB 2.0 cable.
--
Peter