Hi-Tech Platinum Coffee Table Has Built-In PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Looks like something I would built utilizing some old hardware =)

4trees

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I would like to see the inside of that table, I wish they had a link with internal pics. Passive cooled, how much ram, what kind of hdd, can it take the risk of spills???? This table could win some prizes for custom case mods.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
so you have to have a plug in your coffee table? I'd go for it if it had a touchscreen monitor and could wirelessly transmit video to my hd tv. that might be like next year though.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
This seems expensive to me, doesn't seem so hard to make, wish the edges of the table going that far down, it seems you can house normal PC parts in there. I love and hate these articles, they always give me ideas and now I want to try and make one of those :/

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
For 4 Grand it the screen should tilt from flat to at least 15 degrees and there should be a table touch keyboard. For that much I want the setup they use use for the weather broadcast these days. A big touch screen.

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
yeah, thus just screams gimmick. Its like what people evisioned future tech to be back in the day, but now that we are in the future, it doesn't make sense. But for some people, I dunno, maybe they'll want it as a conversation piece, I can't think of any other use it would have. Maybe prepping you for a whiplash trial, just watch a movie on this and experience the joy of a screwed up neck and back.

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
how about playing mp3s while the screen displays an aquarium screen saver (or any kind of screen savers). only need a simple nettop class computer, speakers and a lcd tv with vga port. this thing screams DIY!

G

I could see myself getting an old coffee table. (Solid wood, no veneer) Then take some 1/2 ply and building me a recessed box and sticking my old Celeron 300mhz rig in it. Stick a rotating LCD on top of the recessed box + a build in 200 watt sound system and that would make the perfect conference/reading room pc ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS